HELP

businessman332211@hotmail.com

you have a lot of ways.the easy one is to draw some pictures and save them with names like 1.jpg, 2.jpg. than you register one by one on your database (or a file) with the respective combination. at last generate a number between 1 and the major name image you have and load than and the information placed into the file.other way is play with GDlib (my favourite :)). Draw a runtime picture with what you want (numbers, letters etc).First you have to generate the string and save it (a variable is enought). Print the image on the screen with a form. Get the typed value and compare with the variable value.Paulo A. Silva

SFB made a very nice one with the GD library, he has a thread in this forum about it.
here is where you can test & download it. http://php-scripts.ath.cx/captchaI think it is well commented and somewhat customizeable. you do have to get your own fonts though, but thats easy. just take them from your computer. I left them out because i didnt know if i could have them in there when all the fonts are coppywrighted. if somone can clear that up for me and prove that i wont get in trouble for including them in the download i will add them back in.

I used a free one already, but I will definitely keep this url, I will have need for another one in the future if I don't build it myself next time, I only use third party, or other people's scripts when I really don't have time to create them from scratch. I would even build a forum from scratch now if it was a project I was doing just in my spare time or something, unless I was short on time. The same with a shopping cart, if I was short on time I would use zen or os, if I had short time span I would do it all from scratch, this link will help though, thanks.