W3S Forum Project: Discussion

Chocolate570

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi , I am a friend of Dan , and I am very interested in this project. I have almost no experience with programming (a little with php) , but that isn't why I want to participate. I would like to help on the graphical aspects. But as I have heared from Dan that isn't decided yet. I follow school , so it's very important for me to know when everyone get on the chat. (I live in Belguim) .

Hi , I am a friend of Dan , and I am very interested in this project. I have almost no experience with programming (a little with php) , but that isn't why I want to participate. I would like to help on the graphical aspects. But as I have heared from Dan that isn't decided yet. I follow school , so it's very important for me to know when everyone get on the chat. (I live in Belguim) .
He means THE* friend :)So here my friend is, lol

Lol. Welcome to the forum, vti! I'll be helping the manager decide a time at which most of the people may show up. 9:00 PM GMT usually works for most of the people on this forum. I would say belgium is +1 GMT? Maybe +2? Is that too late for you? (10:00-11:00pm for you)

Hmmm.. I live in est.. I think thats like 7ish or something for me?Maybe the initial meeting should be on a friday or something? People usualyl dont work sundays so, that should allow everyone to be allowed to get on pretty late and allow for a full meeting.But if you are in school like me, (im a freshmen in highschool) then we cant nessicarily stay on late considering getting up at 7AM for school plus people who work usually get to work at 8 or 9 pm.

Maybe we could separate the meetings by timezone, that way the calling could be easier. (it's just an idea)
Yeah right. And if only one person is avaiable in time zone... (s)he'll leave a message? The point is to chat after all.

I made that sentence for him :)I personally think it is better to wait for all the project doers to be chosen, before continue discussing timezones with chatting. :)When we know who takes part with the project, and who lives where, we can think of that later. If we are from all around the world, it will always be a problem to get all of ourselfs online at the same moment. Not to mention everyone has his own real life, and that may be more important, to just skip a meeting if necessary :)So back to what we are going to make a project of, the application..:blink:

Yes your english is very well.. Lol, no offence! But its not the best. try this:

My english is very good , but if I don't know a word of a sentence , then I usually ask someone to translate it.
:) lol.But yea, maybe we should split it up when everyone is on the project.

Haha lol RJ :) Please recheck your own correction, you still don't have it 100% :)

My english is very well, but if I don't know a word or a sentence, then I usually ask someone to translate it.
The bold one you both forgot, and the blue one is not tipically wrong :)

Haha lol RJ :) Please recheck your own correction, you still don't have it 100% :)The bold one you both forgot, and the blue one is not tipically wrong :blink:
Let's not get cocky, shall we?Or... I can tell you that "word of a sentence" is a valid prase, but it implies different meaning then yours, which is more appropriate for the situation anyway.Also, I think "good" is more appropriate then "well" in this case, but then again, they both have the same meaning so it's not that big of a deal.[edit] Yes, as I said, your suggested correction is more appropriate, and as you said, it's probably what he meant. My point was that "word of..." is also not wrong. Just different. And yes, good point that "f" and "r" are just above each other in the QWERTY keyboard standart, used in most countries (as far as I'm familiar with). I have the same type of keyboard :) [/edit]

If you correct language, then correct it correctly :)[*Edit:]I think he means "or" anyway, he asked the whole sentence even though he didn't know only one word. So either a word or a sentence. :)And "well" sounds better to me in this sentence, though "good" is fine too.Second, "of" is the Dutch (or belgium) translation of the english "or", and those two letters are practically above each other. So it is not a very uncommon made mistake by Dutch speaking forummers.But we are I think a bit too detailed on nothing here. :)

Edited by Dan The Prof