Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate570

W3S Forum Project: Discussion

When we have enough, lol :) I think a maximum of four or five votes in one poll is far from accurate to all our members' opinions though.

We should start a thread and get a list of people that actually want to participate in the project.That way we have an idea of how many votes there should be. Maybe set a "you must sign up by this date" date. And just sit back, and see who all signs up.

A good idea :)But maybe this can get troubled, as many people might like to know exactly what they are signing up for. I though already know I like the idea of any project, so I personally don't matter whatever it will be (unless I am supposed to program 'foreign' languages of cource).

I know there is going to be a project, and I know I'm going to be learning a lot in the process.Thats my reason for signing up. I won't bail out if the project I selected is going to be used.

Maybe the admin could create a subforum for this project , so all the topics about this project could be placed there?
There have been many discussions about new forums, subforums and categories, but all were declined. So I don't think even for this project one will be created, besides, he is very busy :)

If you ask me, it's clear who will participate. It's us, the regular users... the helpers. Most newbies just come and go. If any of them wanted to participate, they would have posted in this topic until now.

Maybe the admin could create a subforum for this project , so all the topics about this project could be placed there?
You mean to split up the discussions in this thread into other threads, so people don't have to go searching through 9 pages to find information about the project suggestions?

No, he means a subforum in General, for the vote topics, discussions, announcements, etc. about this "project" :)Which I doubt would be done, but could be nice (just as all those other new forum requests, it could be nice)

If you ask me, it's clear who will participate. It's us, the regular users... the helpers. Most newbies just come and go. If any of them wanted to participate, they would have posted in this topic until now.
Maybe some of the newbies want to help out on the project so they can learn and don't really have any suggestions yet?
No, he means a subforum in General, for the vote topics, discussions, announcements, etc. about this "project" :)
Ohh, ok i get it. That would make sense.

Good idea little goat!! Ill do that now.. Maybe make it decently large?

[center][size=3]Join the [url=http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=6527]W3schools Project![/url]	||	[url=http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=6670]Discuss[/url]   [url=http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=6802]Vote![/url][/size][/center]

Please just copy that code into your signature! It will be exactly like my signature!!

The polls will close on September 1st. But I'm pretty dissapointed with the turnout--we have what, 14-15 people interested? Can you guys call your friends? I was hoping to get at least 20-25... :)

I dont really have any friends that know how to code :). At least I know one, but he cant code exactly well. Ill try to get him!After all.. this is supposed to be a project to help out people new to coding!

They don't have to be able to code, there's also graphics.

I dont think he can do graphics exactly well either =\. Lol

get him involved. If we have no one interested in helping with flash then the project for sure won't have any.

Guys if you haven't voted for the manager or what project to do please do so...the poll closes tomorrow.

Tomorrow??? Well, that wasnt nearly enough time!And aspnetguy, the =\ is a smiley, its like a nervous, unsure smiley.

If this is the result of all interested people, then I think we should drastically downgrade the plans for fewer people.We can call our friends, but we shouldn't have to force people to take part, should we? :) Although we can just ask all our friends, it comes out we'll be forcing them because they're outnumbered..

Well, if the AJAX RSS reader is selected, then I can submit some of my own pre made stuff, along with some enhancements to it. It will be all left to manipulating few scripts and styling. Especially styling, which is what newbies and graphic designers could help with.