Where Are My "Submit" Responses Going?

commanderducky

Hey everyone, I'm somewhat of a newbie at creating forms and I'm having trouble figuring out where my "submit" button is sending the responses. The example (found at: http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?fi...html_form_radio ) says "If you click the "Submit" button, you will send your input to a new page called html_form_action.asp"When I clicked on the button on my page I was directed to one of my error message pages (custom "page not found" error page). I'm not sure if the viewer is supposed to see their results, or if they are supposed to be directed to a "thank you for responding" sort of page that I create.When I went to my website and looked for a file called html_form_action.asp, there was none. I thought maybe I should create one, so I did and now when I click on the "submit" button in the form, I get a blank page (I'm assuming that means it's taking them to the html_form_action.asp page). So now that begs the question...Is this example supposed to actually send me the results, or just display them for the viewer to see? I have a hard time imagining that it's just for the viewer to see--what point would there be in that? So that leads me back to being confused where the results are going. Please help!You can also e-mail me at commanderducky@yahoo.comThank you!

The example, is there to show you how to setup an HTML radio button.In order to get the html_form_action.asp to display something other than a blank page, You'll need to learn some ASP and how to request variables from a submitted form.The results are going to the asp page found in this tag:<form name="input" action="html_form_action.asp" method="get">the method is get, so it sends the value of your radio button thats checked to the address at the end of the url.on the second page there is an ASP code that takes the information that was sent, and prints it out, onto the page.Also, check this outif you type this into the address bar:http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_form_action.asp?action=holycrapit says your ###### is holycrap.What the form does is set that action=male or set the action=female depending on what you checkEDIT: For some reason it blocked the word S E X

To add to that explanation, on the form processing page (in this case, html_form_action.asp) the results of the submission can be found inside the ASP Request object. Check the reference on that. If the form method is set to 'get', they are in Request.querystring, and if the form method is set to 'post', they are in Request.form.