For what do you use IE?

aleksanteri

Internet Explorer  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What are you using Internet Explorer for?

• For nothing, it's just lying on the dark side of my drive
    • Just to see what my webpage looks like in another's browser
    • Checking my most often watched pages and forums
    • Regular usage
    • What are you talking about? IE's the best!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use IE for most of my browsing, but I wouldn't say it's a regular use, because there are also sites for which I exclusively use Firefox or Opera too.And yes, I know, IE is not the best :) . To the people that are to post in this topic: please don't curse on IE. Use the browser discussion topic for that.

And yes, I know, IE is not the best :) . To the people that are to post in this topic: please don't curse on IE. Use the browser discussion topic for that.
Yeah :) The poll question isDo you use IE and if you use then how?instead ofWhat is your favorite browser?

I used to use it regularly until I got viruses, pop-ups, and SPAM galore... well actually I used it even after that. But when I designed my site and found IE to have numerous problems with CSS, I became a Mozilla Firefox convert. :)

I mainly use IE, and I only use firefox to check things, I dont really like firefox, because it doesn't use my stylesheet at all, and so all links dont follwo the right structure.Anyway, enough of me moaning, I have both fixefox and IE installed.

I only have IE, I haven't experienced ANY downside with it myself. :) (only the absence of CSS2/3)Maybe someone could come up with its lack of security towards malware, but that is actually up to your security software, not the browser, my opinion. And I have a strong security, never had any problems with either IE or my software.Besides malware, I also never had any unsolvable problems with css or markup. It just does what I want :) There isn't more to it is there?

I only have IE, I haven't experienced ANY downside with it myself. :) (only the absence of CSS2/3)Maybe someone could come up with its lack of security towards malware, but that is actually up to your security software, not the browser, my opinion. And I have a strong security, never had any problems with either IE or my software.Besides malware, I also never had any unsolvable problems with css or markup. It just does what I want :) There isn't more to it is there?
Actually it is up to your security software to get rid of the junk your browser lets in :)

Yes that is what I said..
no you didn't
actually up to your security software, not the browser
You said it was up to your security software to keep malware out...that can only clean up the mess once the malware is already there. IE lets in more malware than any other major browser.

Maybe it does, but security software still shields the computer, against invisible threats, or threats that bypass the browser or whatever, as I said I am no expert in the malware itself and what it can do.Even if IE lets more malware through than any other browser, that is because its the most commonly used browser, its standard in all windows systems. When eg firefox gets the mayority, wouldn't the malware creators not turn to that browser to create malware that even penetrates firefox?

Read up on the "samy id my hero" worm. That is a good example of how only IE could screw something like that up. IE has many holes due to poor programming that cannot be exploited in anyother decently developed browser.If you admit you are sure of what you are saying than why are you saying it and arguing with me?

I have no excuse in arguing. I don't intend to argue, but I have a word for everything you or others say, and I don't mean arrogant. I'll just say, we're both right. Sorry :) Is it okay?
Everything is fine, no worries, I just thought it was funny that you made the statement then backed down when I said something different.Nobody can be right all the time (I prove that everyday) but try being sure of what you are saying befoer you say it.

IE is always the best, I have nver had any problems with it, anyway that is not to say that other web browsers are rubish.
*pulls out gun and shoots* Wow, IE always the best?!?! Im not going to try argue, with someone being that arrogant I just wont try! IE is possibly the worst major browser.. ever! Try out Firefox and download extensions, then tell me which you like better :).

Where's the option for "getting my computer infected"?

IE is possibly the worst major browser.. ever!
Fixed that for you.I agree that IE *is* the best. If by "best" you mean "quickest attack vector into my Operating System and worst standards support".

*pulls out gun and shoots* Wow, IE always the best?!?! Im not going to try argue, with someone being that arrogant I just wont try! IE is possibly the worst major browser.. ever! Try out Firefox and download extensions, then tell me which you like better :).
I am not being arrogant! I just have always used IE and I do have Firefox, and there have been problems that I have found.
Freedom of speech :) *silently aggrees with holmedwa04*
Anyways thanks to Dan! :)

IE has too many security holes to mention. Just to give you some pperspective. I usually run Ad-Aware every 1-2 weeks. When I was using IE all the time I was getting spyware in the range of 100-200 infections.When I switched to FireFox it is only about 40-50 infections (and most of that comes from my wife who still uses IE)

Where's the option for "getting my computer infected"?Fixed that for you.I agree that IE *is* the best. If by "best" you mean "quickest attack vector into my Operating System and worst standards support".
Why thank you for fixing that justsomeguy! HAHA!!What problems have you had with firefox? Just get some support for it!

I mainly use IE, and I only use firefox to check things, I dont really like firefox, because it doesn't use my stylesheet at all, and so all links dont follwo the right structure.Anyway, enough of me moaning, I have both fixefox and IE installed.
Most people don't realize how bad IE is until they use one or two other browsers. It took me a long time to dislike IE.