Building a cPanel/WHM and servers...

Guest zHosting Soultions

Guest zHosting Soultions

Where can l find free online tutorials to learn how to build cPanels/WHMs, and ANY web server? I've basically been wanting to learn how to build my own cPanels/WHMs, and servers in ANY programming language, database formats, operating systems, etc that I want, for the longest time, with any feature that I want to add to the cPanel/WHM and servers of mine to use.Plus, it'll help me so if there are features that I want, and other cPanels/WHMs and servers don't have, then I could build it for myself to use on my personal cPanel/WHM and server. Also, with how expensive cPanels/WHMs and servers are, it's cheaper to build my own for myself. Thanks in advanced.

You want to build your own server. Do you mean put the PC and hardware together or write the software like Apache?You won't find full tutorials on how to build these applications. You need to sit down and think about what needs to be done and break it down. You will have no trouble finding tutorials on how to do the individual pieces.

Also, cPanel and WHM are both product names. If you want to set up your own server, you can get a copy of cPanel and use it if that's what you want to use. The reason cPanel costs what it does is because a lot of development went into it (and still is). It's a very good product. If you want to build your own web application to run a server, you will need to know a lot about how the operating system works, and about how the server software interacts with the OS and vice versa. The reason there are no "tutorials" on how to do this stuff is because the people who build these applications do not learn from tutorials. They learn either from taking classes in systems programming, or having a lot of personal experience working with the OS and the server.And considering your (misspelled) username, it seems like you want to use this more for business then personal use. If you're looking to develop a product that you can market and sell and make your money back from it, don't expect to learn how to do it from a free web tutorial. Web tutorials are free because it is generally pretty common knowledge.

I think it is written in PERL.
Methinks you're right:
1 Use a text editor to create your module file. For example: ExampleModule.pm (NOTE: Do not use this name, as it already exists).2 The first line in your new module should be: #!/usr/bin/perl
Also: C is not a server-side language. You might use it to write applications that run on a server, but it is not a server-side language the same way PHP is.

Well, sorry to step on your toes but that was 30 years ago...nobody in there right mind would code a website in C today. I would like to see an example of how this is done...I am still skeptical.

Methinks you're right:Also: C is not a server-side language. You might use it to write applications that run on a server, but it is not a server-side language the same way PHP is.
If you can use it for server apps, it means it can be used as a server-side language, right? :)/edit:
I would like to see an example of how this is done...I am still skeptical.
Well hey, I read about it, I still haven`t got an idea...

No! Can you run your C application in Internet Explorer or any other browser. A server is just a beefed up PC with a little extra software to server content ot other computers.I doubt you can get your C code to be transfered over HTTP and go to a browser that knows how to render that as HTML.

No! Can you run your C application in Internet Explorer or any other browser.
Can you run your PHP app in a browser (question mark).You run it on a server.And in case you couldn`t read, I just read about C(++) being used before Perl and PHP. I haven`t got the slightest idea on how, but I`m guessing it`s pretty in-depth.

Can you run your PHP app in a browser (question mark).You run it on a server.And in case you couldn`t read, I just read about C(++) being used before Perl and PHP. I haven`t got the slightest idea on how, but I`m guessing it`s pretty in-depth.
Yup you run it on a server and it produces html to send to the browser, C doesn't (not natively) produce HTML code when compiled.Writeing a webpage in C is like plowing a field with a saxaphone...C was never meant to do it. Yes I am sure you can make it work with a lot of coffee and aspirin but why would you???

Can you run your C application in Internet Explorer or any other browser.
Oddly enough, I have seen this done once, and I still don't know how they accomplished it, being the not-a-server-admin that I am (not). There is a web server product called Surgemail, and the entire (only) interface to administer it is through a browser. But, you access it through localhost and the addresses are .exe files on various ports that output HTML. Like I said, I have no clue how they would even start to think about doing that, but they are certainly doing something. The server it is running on doesn't even have a web server that I setup. Maybe the surgemail installation installs a small one, but it freaked me out when I saw the URL. I tried just executing it on a command line, and sure enough, a bunch of HTML was spit out.But even so, that's still not a server-side language, it is an application with an HTML interface.

Yup you run it on a server and it produces html to send to the browser, C doesn't (not natively) produce HTML code when compiled.Writeing a webpage in C is like plowing a field with a saxaphone...C was never meant to do it. Yes I am sure you can make it work with a lot of coffee and aspirin but why would you???
For power. But I wouldn`t, really. I was just n00bishly assuming something. I don`t think that`s a good reason to assume that I actually want to code a web project in C.