XML Documentation Viewer?

cyber0ne

I'm really getting into the use of XML documentation in Visual Studio .NET for my code comments. But, I'm very new to practical XML usage, especially in terms of applying visual styles to it. Does anyone have any neat XSL files for making the generated documentation human-readable?

Most XSLTs make the information human readable. Besides, what do you have in mind by "human readable"? What I have in mind is "XHTML page". Any piece of XML and desired XHTML output? I could make one for you if it's not that much complicated.

Besides, what do you have in mind by "human readable"?
Well, most of what I've seen via Google just display everything as a long list of items, with categorization between classes and methods done by making their headings larger. But it's all black text and difficult to find anything specific.I was just hoping that someone would have written something that divs things up nicely and makes a document that can easily be browsed by someone unfamiliar with the code that's being documented.Though, the more I looked into this today, the more I think I'll end up having to use a tool to generate multiple XHTML pages from the given XML document, rather than just apply a style to the XML document. Any way I look at it, the latter would still be one large page (very large for some of the things I'm documenting).

Well, um... Yes. In it's core, every styled XML document is one big bunch of data. In order to be styled, the whole XML must be loaded.Every XML is unique, so it's hard making reusable templates, unless you just notify the user hat certain XSLT applies to theese types of structures, and not on those.If the document that you're trying to (re?)use has a structure in the lines of:

<a><b>...</b><b>..</b></a>

Then the paging XML is a good place to start.If it's more complicated (as is most probably) it will requre something a bit more creative. But I wouldn't mind investigating it if I see it.