Designermonkey

How do I align div's and table's in xhtml??

Not a happy bunny at the mo!I'm building a site that is using xhtml, tryin to fit the standards n all that, but I cant seem to align any tables or divs to the centre of my page so that when the browser window changes size, the table stays in the exact centre of the page....How the heck do I do this without the align="centre" attribute??This is gettin on my nerves now... Please will someone help me??John. :)

You need to use CSS. Instead of this:align="center" Do one of these, depending on the situation:style="text-align: center;" aligns the content inside of a containerstyle="margin: 0 auto;" aligns an object inside of it's parent container

You need to use CSS. Instead of this:align="center" Do one of these, depending on the situation:style="text-align: center;" aligns the content inside of a containerstyle="margin: 0 auto;" aligns an object inside of it's parent container
Cant he just use <center>Text Blah blah blah</center> ?

HelloI am a beginner, too!I want only one div block in the body section and i want it with constant width (650px) and always in center.I tried many solutions in stylesheet and in html code and nothing works, including what you proposed!Help! It's driving me mad :)

HelloI am a beginner, too!I want only one div block in the body section and i want it with constant width (650px) and always in center.I tried many solutions in stylesheet and in html code and nothing works, including what you proposed!Help! It's driving me mad :)
<body style="text-align: center"><div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 650px;">Content</div></body>

<body style="text-align: center"><div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 650px;">Content</div></body>

It works!!!Many thanks to you Ingolme! I only did not try both commands.