Please have a look

sote

select s.name, c.namefrom student sjoin student_course sc on sc.studentid = s.idjoin course c on c.id = sc.courseid(that should be pretty close)I'd recommend a better naming convention for your tables . . . ab_student- stu_id- stu_nameab_course- cor_id- cor_nameab_student_x_course- sxc_id- sxc_stu_id- sxc_cor_idThis would make your query easier to read/manageselect stu_name, cor_namefrom ab_studentjoin ab_student_x_course on sxc_stu_id = stu_idjoin ab_course on cor_id = sxc_cor_idIt takes a little confusion out of the aliases. Since most people don't document their aliases, their use can be inconsistan across a site and therefore make things sometimes hard to follow.This type of prefix naming convention allows you to avoid aliases since you will always have unique names. I'd also suggest using a prefix in you tables names as well - essentially grouping tables by their prefix.Let me know how that works out.

Thank you! But I mean to list the students who are taking courses that somebody(i.e sote) is taking.

then add a WHERE clause:SELECT stu_name, cor_nameFROM ab_student JOIN ab_student_x_course ON sxc_stu_id = stu_id JOIN ab_course ON cor_id = sxc_cor_idWHERE stu_name LIKE 'sote'That will look for the name exactly matching "sote". You can add a wild card to either side if you like:-- begins with "sote"WHERE stu_name LIKE 'sote%'-- ends with "sote"WHERE stu_name LIKE '%sote'-- contains "sote"WHERE stu_name LIKE '%sote%'P.S. If you would like a line by line explanation of each part of the SQL statement, let me know.