different pages to different users

tubisarscev

Hi, :) For that I want to give u one suggestion that isDefine Role in database in accesslike admin,wise admin, normal useraccording to ur relavent acceess wheevr we open particular page at that time it check srole first and then system make enter to that user otherwise it will give particular msg to user access denied like that .U can Do this easily :)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks, i have solved it.i have defined a field called adminYorN in which i give 0 for ordinary users and 1 for admins in the database i store the username and password information.i query for the adminYorN value when i check for the username and password. if it's 1 i include admin.inc else user.inc which have different menus.it's easy

thanks, i have solved it.i have defined a field called adminYorN in which i give 0 for ordinary users and 1 for admins in the database i store the username and password information.i query for the adminYorN value when i check for the username and password. if it's 1 i include admin.inc else user.inc which have different menus.it's easy

Make sure you set that value as a session variable and not a cookie - even if you expire the cookie at the end of the browser session it can be manipulated.If you are going to have your administration tools inline with your public site, then you might want to look over a presentation I recently gave to a Macromedia Users Group. I'd strongly recommend that you isolate your administration pages and not make them part of your public site. The admin application should be in its own folder.But thats just how I feel. :)P.S. now that I know that its "admin.inc else user.inc" I could access the file directly by entering the absolute path in my browser. If you are only relying on that initial SQL statement that conditionally generates the menu - I can get in with very little effort.(I wouldn't do this obviously, but there are many folks who will try)