Resolution

The Praetorian

What Resolution do you Use?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What Resolution Do you Use?

• 800x600 or smaller
    • 1024x768
    • Higher

yeah, me too. You gotta figure that most of the people who go on my clansite know how to set their game resolution high, and therefore their normal resolution. As for the others... well... scroll!

When I stay with my mom's for the weekend, and she turns on her computer, I keep getting frustrated about their 800x600 resolution :) They're in their fifties, so their eyes are not as good as our's. But still, hardly anything fits in there, all those stupid horizontal scrollbars :) I keep mentioning they should set it to a higher resolution, but they decline as for they can't read smaller fonts (not that they are that advanced, lol). Even stronger, they would never fit into the audience of my website, so why would I even try to bother for their resolution.. I doubt if anyone of my true visitors will ever have a resolution lower than 1024x768. And when I have the money, I'll manage to get a better monitor myself, so I would be able to use a higher resolution than this.

They're in their fifties, so their eyes are not as good as our's.
Yeah, you shouldn't trust your eyes to remain that way though. Like I said earlier, I switch between 1280x1024 and 1024x768, and last december I had to get glasses for nearsightedness. Quite a lot of late nights staring at a computer screen with high resolution strains the eyes. My eyesight isn't that bad, but it's still to the point where I feel uncomfortable driving a car without glasses. I can very well do so, but I see things later than I do with glasses on. So I prefer 1024x768 over 1280x1024. :)

I use 1280x800 and I need glasses, but other than aching after 4+ hours solid, I can read everything, make out almost every pixel.