preserving whitespace

raveesh

Hi! I am kinda new to programming in xml, I would like that the browser when displays my xml file, it should preserve the whitespace. Like in the following tag:<DESCRIPTION> * Offers 3 in 1 PC Protection from viruses, hackers and spyware so you can surf the Web safely. * Prevents multi-pronged attacks by integrating anti-virus, firewall, and anti-spyware technologies. * Simplifies security with the new and improved McAfee SecurityCenter. * Shields your PC around the clock: always on, always updating, always protecting. * Warns you about sites which send spam, install adware, or attempt online scams.</DESCRIPTION>I wnat the browser to display it as it is, like the <pre> tag of HTML, how can i do that without CSS of any add-on.thanksRaveeshPS I am new and just 15 so please explain a little bit.

The XML source tree is not to be used in a real life application. You MUST use CSS to style it and use the white-space property for that OR you can use XSLT to map this element's content to a <pre> element or another one styled with the CSS property.You may use xml:space="preserve" but that doesn't influence output, but only input. It's useless to explain this bit. You must make tests on your own to get it.