My suggestion

justsomeguy

Here is my suggestion:I suggest that the forum should not mark obviously read topics as unread. Especially those topics where I was the last person to respond, and especially when they are marked as read, and then I refresh, and then they are marked as unread.What logic could possibly produce that?

I did refresh it. I was answering threads in the PHP forum, and I got about halfway through and all of a sudden all of the new message icons were reset to earlier today. Maybe Opera is sending the wrong cookie all of a sudden, but this would be the only place I've seen that. It seems more likely that the forum software is doing something strange.

I use FireFox mostly and have not seen this problem. However I have had a problem...when I have read all the topics in a forum and go tot he forum index it still says that there are unread topic sin the forum...mostly has to do with someone voting for a poll but IPB doesn't mark the topic as unread just flags the forum with unread topics...wierd

why do you have that avatar if you mainly use FF?
LOL. aspnetguy is going through some "changes". :)As for the topic at hand, I really don't pay attention to those kind of things, so I've never really noticed that.

• 2 weeks later...