Gabbly Chat

Err

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, anyone know how you mask Opera 9.01 as firefox or IE? I want to check if Gabbly chat doesn't really work at all...

You can go to Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Content -> Manage Site Preferences and define settings for a particular domain, including masking as Mozilla or IE. Masking as Mozilla doesn't seem to work. I was looking through their javascript file that does the detection, and the code is majorly obfuscated, with random variable names and everything, but it doesn't look like it's checking for the window.opera object. It seems to only be checking the UA string, but again, it's hard to tell without de-obfuscating the code.

Ah. I tried setting just gabbly.com/http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php to mask as IE. When I applied it to gabbly.com in general it worked. :)So I'll try to always visit the forums through gabbly if I can remember to do so. Hope other people will be chatting as well. :)

no need for chat , as we come here to help people or learn new things and if u need an chat well there are better places like yahoo or msn to have an chat .

Yeah, but as we don't have an off-topic forum, this provides a good alternative if you want to chat more than one-on-one...

I agree with you for some extent, but i would like to say that making an offtopic forum is not that far away or not that tough.just oneclick u create a cat and forum.

• 2 weeks later...