Content Management System using XML

ATM

Okay, I Have and XHTML document, which I'm happy with and I would like to make a Content Management System by haveing a program on my home computer which will save to the xml file. Then the HTML will get the data from the XML File (like a data island). Could someone please point me in the right direction of how I can do this and if I can do this.It has to be supported in all majorly used browsers, Thanks!

And here's the XSLT tutorial. You can use XSLT to extract data from the XML and turn it into XHTML, but you still need server side scripting in order to turn data, posted by the user, into XML and embed it in your existing one (or save it as a new one... it depends).

is XSLT supported in browsers other than internet explorer, because that was my first idea, but it only worked in internet explorer.
If you are using a server side scripting language to execute the transformation, then it doesn't matter if the user supports XSLT. The client only gets the (X)HTML output that way. And you are going to use such language anyway, scince you'll be building a CMS.