Moving frames?

ewthompson

Hello all,I am brand new to creating web pages. I'm looking to establish a two frame window, with the left one containing links which will update the content window on the right. I expect that the content window will require scrolling, and I want the links in the left frame to always be visible, so the user won't have to scroll back up to the top of the page in order to select a different link. How can I get it so the links in the left frame will travel with the user as s/he scrolls down the content window? I'm also going to want a header at the top of the page to always be visible. So basically the only area of the page that will change is the content window, as the reader scrolls down.I'm using Dreamweaver MX for what it's worth, but any response as to how to write the code will be appreciated.Best,EWThompson********* It just occurred to me that I might be misunderstanding how frames works. I suppose that if the content window requires scrolling, then ONLY the content window will scroll, which the links window will remain static [and always visible]. If this is the case, then nevermind what I just wrote up there!

I figured it out. Little bit of reading goes a long way...

Hello all,I am brand new to creating web pages. I'm looking to establish a two frame window, with the left one containing links which will update the content window on the right. I expect that the content window will require scrolling, and I want the links in the left frame to always be visible, so the user won't have to scroll back up to the top of the page in order to select a different link. How can I get it so the links in the left frame will travel with the user as s/he scrolls down the content window? I'm also going to want a header at the top of the page to always be visible. So basically the only area of the page that will change is the content window, as the reader scrolls down.I'm using Dreamweaver MX for what it's worth, but any response as to how to write the code will be appreciated.Best,EWThompson********* It just occurred to me that I might be misunderstanding how frames works. I suppose that if the content window requires scrolling, then ONLY the content window will scroll, which the links window will remain static [and always visible]. If this is the case, then nevermind what I just wrote up there!