need help in xml

Guest albert ponraj

Guest albert ponraj

hi to every one,i have one word file, in that i have details about employees like name ,address,ph-no, salary.ok i want to retrieve those inforamtion through xml file .and save those details excel or ms-access file automatically.help me .i am waiting for ur reply.

Through xml you cann't retrieve information from a word document. Infact XML is just a data representation language; It's just a well formed document with data in it.(which can be validated).If I were you, I would have made the word document data in some well formed tags (in xml file) and would have used XSLT to get the desired xml structure.hope this makes sence.vinay.

hi to every one,i have one word file, in that i have details about employees like name ,address,ph-no, salary.ok i want to retrieve those inforamtion through xml file .and save those details excel or ms-access file automatically.help me .i am waiting for ur reply.

Well, you can make MS Word save you an XML file, which you can then transform with your own XSLT, but as usual, that XML file has a lot of crap, and transforming it into more straight XML would be a tough thing.Excel could import XML files and generate a Schema based on the XMLs structure, but if you import the XML file generated by MS Word, you'll get a lot of crap, because every node will be listed in the table.MS Access could also import XML files, but again, it makes a whole crap out of them. You need an XSLT that will transform the crap into a readable XML file, but considering the complexity of those Word generated files, I don't think I would be the one to write such an XSLT for you.Kind'a funny why one MS Application makes crap out of another MS Application's file.