Generating image from XML and XSL files

Coach

I've been usning XML and XSL for a whole 3 days now, so I guess I'm a newbie. I'm using Oxygen as my editor and debugger for XML and XSL files respectivefully. I've created a circle image and I want to modify that image by pressing on buttons - Change button to change the color, Scale button to scale the image by a certain percentage, and Reset button to return circle to its original state. See XML and XSL code below. Please help:XML code:<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="simple.xsl" alternate="no" ?><root />XSL code:<?xml version="1.0" ?><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:template match="/"> <html xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"> <object id="AdobeSVG" CLASSID="clsid:78156a80-c6a1-4bbf-8e6a-3cd390eeb4e2"> </object> <xsl:processing-instruction name = "import" > namespace="svg" implementation="#AdobeSVG" </xsl:processing-instruction> <head> <title>SVG Example</title> </head> <script> function change_style(style_string) { document.getElementById("circ").setAttribute("style", style_string); } </script> <body> <!-- style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12pt" <input type="submit" id="btn_sub" name="btn_sub" value="Change" /> <input type="submit" id="btn_min" name="btn_min" value="Minimize" /> <input type="reset" id="btn_reset" name="btn_reset" value="Reset" /> --> <button onclick="change_style('fill:green:');" type="submit">Change</button> <button onclick="change_style(0.5);" type="submit">Scale</button> <button onclick="change_style();" type="submit">Return</button> <svg:svg width="190px" height="190px" viewBox="0 0 190 190"> <svg:circle cx="80" cy="80" r="60" id="circ" fill="blue" stroke="black" stroke-width="2"/> </svg:svg> <footer> <h4> Change image color, minimize image size, and reset image to original state. </h4> </footer> </body> </html> </xsl:template> </xsl:stylesheet>

So where exactly is the problem?And what do you need XSLT for if your XML is completely empty anyway?

So where exactly is the problem?And what do you need XSLT for if your XML is completely empty anyway?
This was an example I found on line. The only thing I did was add 3 buttons to make changes to the image (A blue circle). Change the color to green, scale the image .25 its size, and reset to original image. When I click on any of the buttons, nothing happens. So, I'm just looking for code to change color, scale image, and reset image.

You can achieve that with plain HTML and JavaScript. XSLT is NOT a language for adding dynamics to pages on the fly. Only JavaScript (and VBScript, but only for IE) is. I'm sure scott100 once wrote such a script, but I'm not sure where that script is now.