Flash 8 web help

bfehler

Hi there. I am currently building websites intirely in flash and am building buttons in the traditional ways. What I would like some help on is firtly with buttons , does anyone know how to create a button by not creating a button symbol, but rather a movie clip symbol ? I have seen it done and have noticed how much more can be done with a button made in this way.secondly this has been asked many times , but i cant find it. the little logo that apears next to your domain in the address bar of your internet explorer... how do i code that in or set it up ?and last but not least. has anyone found how to load text in through XML into a flash site ?THANKS VERY MUCH FOR ANY HELP !!! I really appreciate and need it. oh and to check the site i am working on , pls visit http://www.tangramtheatre.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone know how to create a button by not creating a button symbol, but rather a movie clip symbol ? I have seen it done and have noticed how much more can be done with a button made in this way.
Check out the following link for a great tutorial on doing this.http://www.kirupa.com/developer/flash8/vid...ngMCbuttons.htmAs to the other questions, the little icons are called "Favicons" and some Google searches turn up a bunch of information that you'll find useful.As to XML, no clue to help you there.Hope this was helpful.Brandon

• 4 weeks later...

Buttons are cool when using the basic button symbols, but I find that when you want to get serious with buttons, that when you need to make it in a movie clip, especially for drop down menus.Just consider that movie clip as a little show in itself. Use invisable buttons or what ever to go to diffent points in the movie clip time line to get things done.Once you go to movie clip buttons, you'll never go back.Bill