Searching forms

LFTR

Afternoon all,You will see I'm new to this :) I've been looking at the tutorials for searching forms and also this TopicOn one page I require the the username to be typed in. This should then return the username and their access on the system. All it does is go to the page and shows the whole table, doesn't matter what I type. The table has two columns username and their access. Within the table the username can be there many times as each row will show different access e.g. Row1 1st column joe.bloggs second column assetsRow2 1st column jane.bloggs second column financeRow3 1st column jane.bloggs second column assetsetcMy questions if anyone can help.How should I set up the table andAfter looking at Topic 7254 what should I be looking to changethanks for any help given.Altered version of Topic<html><head><title>GET example</title><script type="text/javascript"> function sendSearch(){var param1 = document.getElementById('param1');var theForm = document.forms[0];theForm.action += "?param1=" + param1.value;theForm.submit();} </script></head><body><form action="search.aspx" method="get"> Param 1: <input type="text" id="param1" name="param1"/><br/><input type="button" value="Search" onclick="sendSearch()"/> </form>

The search.aspx page does the work, not the form or the javascript. That just submits the search query to the search page. The search.aspx page needs to build the table according to what the keywords were, so your questions are probably answered in that file.

search.aspx was a file name I made up for that piece of code to answer a question in the other mentioned topic. The user did not need teh search.aspx code because they just wanted to knwo how to append form values to the form action...it was a special requirement they had.You will have to learn how to build the search page the actually does the searching....that example code does no searching!