How do I generate web pages?

Kerudo

My question is how do I generate web pages because one thing that really annoys me is having to go into each and every page and change something in it or change the name or the link, etc. For example, I've been doing a photo album type website for me and my friends to view pictures, and it is very tedious to edit over and over when one of my friends views the site and says, "Oh I don't like that picture, please take it off." Thus I have to go into each web page and change the link, the number (yeah they are numbered, Is this the cause of my annoyance?) or change the name of the file. So I was wondering if there was a way to just be able to create it once and then if I really need to change something, I just gotta add or remove some line of code like in program. I am an amateur web designer and do it as a hobby. I have a good amount of HTML knowledge, a bit of JavaScript, and I know the Java programming language pretty well. With my current abilities will I be able to solve my problem, if there even is a way to begin with (Of course I'm willing to read whatever tutorials to increase my knowledge). By the way, I know that there are online photo albums but they lower image quality and require you to sign up and such, so that's a bit annoying to my friends. But the main reason I'd like to know is, I enjoy web design and programming and I would just like to learn how to do this, if it's even possible, because it would make my designing more efficient and way faaster. Anyway thanks to people who have actually read all the down to here.

Hi thereIf you have no problem learning new things, the easiest way to do something like that is learn a server side language. (my recommendation is PHP, but i've never dealt with ASP).It can be used much more efficently, and usually, when you see pages like ...page.php?id=231, then 231 is the 231st item (in your case it can be an image). You can have one page which can call up every image that you have.

Paim is right, the easiest way (programmatically) to resolve your issue to is to have php, asp, or cold fusion code written that extracts the information about your gallery (imagename, number, etc.) from a database.That woud require you to learn a scripting language, some basic sql, and some concepts around database design. All those tutorials are offered here at w3schools.com.Given what you currently know, you might be able to skip the scripting language and the database all together if you want to try some XML. You can use HTML and XML to produce the same result.XML Tutorial - Data IslandsThat tutorial will show you how you can create an XML file and call the data contained in it using HTML. I ran into a similar situation four years ago, I used this technique - it got me into XML and then later into a scripting language once I saw how much more I could do.Good Luck.

Hey guys, thanks for all the helpful information, that was basically what I was trying to do Paim! It's great that there is something as useful as this, I guess the hard part is learning PHP haha. I'll also be sure to check out that XML tutorial Skemcin, thanks again guys.