How to Retrieve Field values from world wide web

maple

hello everybody, Iam very new to this forum, can any one let me know a solution for the following problem i would like to retrieve field values from world wide web. ie.. for each different values i have stored in my html form i would like to retrieve the corresponding values.for example: in order to retrieve temperature for various cities i maintain in my html page or excel sheet (any), how do i retrieve the respective temperatures of all the cities from the web and display in my web page or excel sheet. :):blink::blink::blink::):)

You can't access external sites data using javascript alone - so you're going to need something like curl or snoopy in PHP to help you if you're wanting to do that.I'm not quite getting exactly what you're wanting to do though - retrieving field values from "world wide web" :/

You can't access external sites data using javascript alone - so you're going to need something like curl or snoopy in PHP to help you if you're wanting to do that.I'm not quite getting exactly what you're wanting to do though - retrieving field values from "world wide web" :/
ya i would like to fetch the values of a field from a website page (which does not require any authentication)for which i know the name of the field ,ill tell u a scenario : if i have scrip names (company ID in NSE or BSE) of number of companies,i would like to know its price value and volume information at a single refresh,hence i want to fetch the field values when i input the scrip name.

Hey!You might want to check out a php script I put together. Emphasis on put together, nothing is mine in this...I just assembled it so it would work :)http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...ost&p=19667If you need help modifying that for your needs, I'll gladly do it. :)