Help

Janice

Hi,This really is the best place to get infos. Thanks alot for that. I would like to thank justsomeguy for his excellent helping tendency.I am looking for something. User : username (box) SubmitWhen someone clicks submit, it should go to www.site.com/username.phpIs it possible to make something like this? I would be real glad if someone help me with this.Also, I would like to know how to make a scrolling text box, something like News Box that should scroll up automatically.Thank you guys.

uhm.. the form isnt that hard to do:

<form method="post" action="username.php"><input type="text" name="username"/><br/><input type="submit" name="submit" value="GO!"/></form>

But what i dont get is if you want it to go to the page of the inputted username, or if you just want it to go to username.php...More explaining please.

uhm.. the form isnt that hard to do:
<form method="post" action="username.php"><input type="text" name="username"/><br/><input type="submit" name="submit" value="GO!"/></form>

But what i dont get is if you want it to go to the page of the inputted username, or if you just want it to go to username.php...More explaining please.

Hi,Thanks alot for your help! It should go to the inputted username (inputted username.php)

you could have a page called redirect.php, which you send the info from the form to in GET, which then redirects to [input_username].phpredirect.php would look something like this:<?php$username = $_GET['username'];header( "Location:$username.php" );?>I think. im also in a bit of a hurry, so that might not work

you could have a page called redirect.php, which you send the info from the form to in GET, which then redirects to [input_username].phpredirect.php would look something like this:<?php$username = $_GET['username'];header( "Location:$username.php" );?>I think. im also in a bit of a hurry, so that might not work
This aint work. I would like to get some more explanation. Please

Okay. You would have the form send data to redirect.php and method would be GET. you also need to have the input box named "username".Its quite simple. Redirect.php gets the data from the form and takes the user to [username input].php using the header() function.

Okay. You would have the form send data to redirect.php and method would be GET. you also need to have the input box named "username".Its quite simple. Redirect.php gets the data from the form and takes the user to [username input].php using the header() function.
It works just fine..Thank yall