Frames

jbrower

Hello everyone,I'm pretty new to web page design. I am making a web page that has a long menu of links to choose from on the left side. If I build it with this menu as a navigation frame, is there a way to have both frames scroll together? What I mean is, I would like the menu to scroll up when the user scrolls in the info frame. Any help would be appreciated!Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the fourm.Before I answer the question, I have ot ask why is the navigation so long. Have you ruled out a way to categorize teh navigation items? If they are categorized, then you can use a show/hide script to expand/collapse you navigation menu.Does the navigation have to be on one side only - could you break it up to be left and right or something else?Do you have a link for us to preview what you have?

My problem is that hard coding the navigation on each page is a ridiculous waste of time.

You are correct, it is a big waste of time. Check out the topic below, that should help and then you could include the navigation without frames and use CSS for the formatting.http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=493