Resolution problem ???

U.J.Chandler

Hi all (Admin - sorry if this is the wrong place for this post... seemed like the most suitable place...)I've made an image i want to use as a background for my top frame.the image size is 120x1024.My screen resolution is 1024x768.I've made the top frame 120 (frameset rows="120, 904") but the frame turns out to be smaller then the image. and only if i resize the frame to about 230 it shows the whole image.i've created my image with fireworks, and when i created it (using the "new fireworks file" button) it gave me a menu asking for width, hieght and resolution (which was preset to 72).i left 72 as the resolution (what does this mean anyway?), and set 1024x120 for width and height.it's as if my browsers defenition for 1 pixel is larger than the one fireworks defines. is this possible?What am i doing wrong?thanks in advanced...

It would probably be helpful to give a link to the image, maybe it is a different size then what you think. As far as the 72 pixels/inch, that is a setting for print resolution. Screen resolution does not take that into effect, 1 pixel is 1 pixel on every monitor. But for a printer you can specify the physical size that you want the image to print at, or how many pixels it fits into a inch.

That frame is only showing up as 75 pixels tall. I'm not sure why, but you might want to change your frameset so that the second frame is a document rather then another frameset. The page does not validate either, there are a few errors. Maybe try this:

<frameset rows="120,904" border="0" >  <frame noresize="noresize" src="Web Pages/Home/Top.asp" />  <frame noresize="noresize" src="frame2.asp" /> </frameset>

And then frame2.asp would contain this frameset:

<frameset cols="660, 108" border="0" >  <frame noresize="noresize" src="Web Pages/Home/Center.asp" />  <frame noresize="noresize" src="Web Pages/Home/Right.asp" /></frameset>

hhh....1) ok, my bad...I set rows=120, 904 (which eqals 1024 - the WIDTH instead of the height...).2) But when i fixed it to rows=120, 648 (which equals 768 - which is the height) it did show more than what it used to, but still less then 120...what could possibly be wrong? should i be talking with microsoft about my IE?