Inverted sorting order

denny911

I have this piece of code.<%Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")conn.Provider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"conn.Open(Server.Mappath("mydb.mdb"))Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")dataSQL = " SELECT * FROM shouts ORDER BY time"rs.Open dataSQL, connp=rs.GetRows(10,0)%>In this code, I'm able to get 10 records (those that were added first), since their time is oldest.What I need is to get 10 last added records from the table "shouts", that is, records should be sorted from the newest time to the latest.What code should I use to accomplish that?Thanks!

SELECT TOP 10 *FROM shoutsORDER BY time DESCIf you are using an auto-number as your primary key, you could always do this too:SELECT TOP 10 *FROM shoutsORDER BY ID DESC

SELECT TOP 10 *FROM shoutsORDER BY time DESCIf you are using an auto-number as your primary key, you could always do this too:SELECT TOP 10 *FROM shoutsORDER BY ID DESC

Ok, but how i display individual records? with my code i put this:<% Response.Write(p(0,0)) %> for the first record and the first field in the first record, and so on..what i put using your code in order to display records or fields where i want them to appear?

sorry, thats where I have to back out - I'm not the resident ASP expert. I'm sure someone will be able to help. I just figured you were caught up on the SQL statement - sorry I can't help with the ASP.

Usually you would go with the SQL that Skemcin has posted and use a loop to iterate through the recordse.g. if you has two fields called user_id and username in a table called USER

Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")dataSQL = "SELECT TOP 10 user_id, username  FROM [USER]  ORDER BY user_id DESC"rs.Open dataSQL, conn

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2">  <tr>    <td>user_id</td>    <td>username</td>  </tr>  <% While NOT rs.EOF%>  <tr>    <td><%=rs("user_id")%></td>    <td><%=rs("username")%></td>  </tr>  <%   rs.MoveNext()Wend%></table>