News Website

_tech_dude_

The design of your website can never be limited by design issues sinds allmost everything is possible as long as you are willing to learn how to make it work.If you would like your mainpage to look like a forum I presume you point out to phpBB if so there are several portals that can do what you described just google for "phpBB portal" and I'm sure you will find one.Ruud Hermans

How hard is it to set up a site that allows news articles shown on the homepage similar to forum posts? and will this limit the design of the site?
That's pretty easy actually. I recommend you looking into phpNuke or WordPress. Just Google them.

it is not that dificult to do it, as RSS is available for it.just add some news in a file and call the file write back in your main page in a well formatted way by adding some nice CSS to it.

ok, i gues a portal is the best bet. thing is, will it limit the website look to the style of said portal, or will i have complete control over it?
You can edit the template in any way you wish if you know some HTML and in most cases PHP.Ruud Hermans

You can edit the template in any way you wish if you know some HTML and in most cases PHP.Ruud Hermans
but some part u cannot edit and when u develop of your own you will be knowing the code so adding new features is not so difficult.

but some part u cannot edit and when u develop of your own you will be knowing the code so adding new features is not so difficult.
Indeed,But if I look at the question I don't think the person is capable of devolping it himself otherwise he wouldn't have asked this question.-----at least I presume.Ruud Hermans