dynamic menu

BrainSmasher

i need a menu that should be editable.There fixed pages that should be linked in the menu and the user can add costum pages to it. The fixed links to the pages should be possible to move them up/down. How can i do this? I dont need whole code but examples on how to start with it
I'm just a little confused on what you want. so it seems like you have some sort of menu with links and you want to be able to use a script to edit them? now you also want the users to be able to add their own links to that menu? if i am correct i would start with creating your menu in a file named something like menu.php then you could make an admin pannel for you to edit the links and you can make a page for the users to add links.

well u can do it, for an instance check http://www.google.com/ig where u can add u r own fav listings and rss news.you need a template for the menu, for instance$Home is the main menu.and now u have to add $sub_menu to the template.now create an admin panel , and then add the menus there which will be dynamically added here.if u want for each users, then u have to set permissions in such a way that he can edit his own menus,

I use html code for my menu, and store it into a MySQL database. It's loaded as one of the site's main elements and can be edited. I use the same content management system to update and create most parts of the site (content manager is restricted and hidden).