Google dominating

eguru

He is not arguing that MS is still #1 when it comes to alot of things but is saying that it seems they have lost their "innovation" or creativity becasue they are releasing products similar to ones that others have had for years.In alot of things they are trying to catch up....that has nothing to do with Windows being hte dominate OS

We'll I have never trusted google anyway sinds as I stated above they collect your personal information. I think they are selling it to gouverments sinds all there is behind google are some greedy moneymakers.
So, your argument is basically "I think Google gives private information to the government because they are a for-profit company".You don't really know a lot about the founders of Google, do you? A lot of companies collect your personal information, including Microsoft, AOL, Yahoo, Ebay, Paypal, Amazon, you name it. I would say that Google is the most benevolent out of all of those. Why do you think they are selling your personal information to governments? Is it just what you think, or do you actually have any proof that they are actively doing it? Because I can offer this:http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/060119-060352The Bush administration issued subpoenas to search engines to compel the companies to provide the government with records of what searches people are doing. AOL, Yahoo, and MSN all gave in immediately, Google would not release their records and took the fight into the courts.So what problem do you have with Google, exactly, and is it anything more then just a personal feeling? Google has released loads of free services for general consumption, and they chose to make their money off of things like advertising instead of selling the services. So, the end result is that all of these services (search, maps, Earth, gmail, calendar, Ajax toolkit, etc etc etc) are all free for public use and are all high-quality pieces of software. The only bad thing I can say about Google is that they assisted the Chinese government in filtering searches from Chinese citizens. Other then that, they pretty much live up to their motto of "Do No Evil".Moneymakers aside, behind Google is a huge collection of extremely talented programmers, and very creative people in general. The founders (programmers, BTW, not businessmen) started when they were students at Stanford University because they wanted to make searching for web pages produce more relevant results. They did that, and a lot more.

You ever took the time to read their TOS?I'm just some crazy wierdo looking at everything that could be a complot but I really believe google has something to do with the NSA.Ruud Hermans
You are crazy...their TOS is pretty much the same as everyone else's. Everybody collects personally info theses days, Google would be at the bottom of my suspect list.

You ever took the time to read their TOS?I'm just some crazy wierdo looking at everything that could be a complot but I really believe google has something to do with the NSA.
Cmon, even Sony audio CDs come with terms of service, and I would even argue that a Sony CD gives out more personal information (to Sony, at least) then you interacting with a Google service. I would agree that Google is on the bottom of the suspect list. Microsoft and MSN, considering their existing relationships with many different governments, would be much higher. If you have any reason to believe that Google is engaged in nefarious activities, please provide proof, your personal feelings are not grounds enough to allege something like that.