HTML Help, Please

Snubby

What part you did not understand in it,// used for IE <object width="550" height="400">// name and value of your flash file, and can be anything.<param name="movie" value="somefilename.swf">// source file of the movie and also the height and width of movie and is used for netscape.<embed src="somefilename.swf" width="550" height="400"></embed></object>The fact is that if u donot include<object> tag then IE would not able to understand your code and same thing for netscape in the case for <embed> tag.

since the forum loads from invisionize server, it does not matter coz the bandwidth is managed by them, but if it loads from w3schools it would eat enough, and also makes the forum pages to load slow if a user wants to read a thread at slower connection.donot use gif at all in your signature.

I'm on broadband also, plus I can adblock any images/advertisements I want to speed up my loading time. (Yes, including the ad on the top of this forum :))IE = Internet Explorer orMSIE = Mircosoft Internet Explorer

I'm on broadband also, plus I can adblock any images/advertisements I want to speed up my loading time. (Yes, including the ad on the top of this forum :))IE = Internet Explorer orMSIE = Mircosoft Internet Explorer
Thanks a lot, man.

Its an extension called adblock, very nifty sometimes :).Im guessing you've no clue what the object tag is used for?You use it to include certain types of files, like sound files, flash files, and java files. "params" are parameters that tells the browser what type of file it is and how to run it :).

one more quick question,<embed src="somefilename.swf" width="550" height="400"></embed>the emved tagg has nothing nested in it, so why not just...<embed src="somefilename.swf" width="550" height="400" />

first question: I think that they meant for you to put something inbetween those originally, like params, but they never changed it back.. So if you tried <embed src="somefilename.swf" width="550" height="400" /> your web page qould mess up.. alot.second question: Defines a unique name for the object (to use in scripts)thats what I found.

first question: I think that they meant for you to put something inbetween those originally, like params, but they never changed it back.. So if you tried <embed src="somefilename.swf" width="550" height="400" /> your web page qould mess up.. alot.second question: Defines a unique name for the object (to use in scripts)thats what I found.
Thanks for the help. The weird thing is, when I try doing <embed /> it works fine for me in both firefox and IE. proof.Much thanks for the top about second question, too.