connect asp.net with sql server

Matar

iam trying to connect asp.net with sql server database ,but there are a problem firstly this my code <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %><script Runat="Server">Sub Page_Load Dim conPubs As SqlConnection conPubs = New SqlConnection( "Server=localhost;uid=sa;pwd=secret;database=pubs" ) conPubs.Open()End Sub</Script>and this is the error :An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)i setup the surface area to allow the remote connection with tcp/ip and still the same error ?plz help

hi i try your comment and still the same error this is the code<%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %><script runat =server > Sub page_load() Dim oSQLConn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection() oSQLConn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=pubs;User ID=sa;password=secret;Trusted_Connection=yes;" oSQLConn.Open() End Sub</script>this is the error :An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)