add record to table

jayeshp100

ive got a customer table in MS Access and i just want to add a record to the table. ive copied the example from insert example in thw website and modified it, every time i fill in the form ive created it says No update permissions, not sure why. i do have primary key called customer_id.

ive got a customer table in MS Access and i just want to add a record to the table.  ive copied the example from insert example in thw website and modified it, every time i fill in the form ive created it says No update permissions, not sure why.  i do have primary key called customer_id.

I think it's possible your database itself doesn't give you permission to write.I suggest you do the following:1. right click on your database, select SECURITY and you should be seeing something like this INTERNET GUEST ACCOUNT (your-comp-name etc.)2. when you select it, check all the check boxes below in ALLOW column in order to gain those permissions..3. try to fill the form in again..NOTE: this is only one of the possible reasons..

• 2 weeks later...
I think it's possible your database itself doesn't give you permission to write.I suggest you do the following:1. right click on your database, select SECURITY and you should be seeing something like this INTERNET GUEST ACCOUNT (your-comp-name etc.)2. when you select it, check all the check boxes below in ALLOW column in order to gain those permissions..3. try to fill the form in again..NOTE: this is only one of the possible reasons..

I'm having this same problem, I can't insert any records into my access database. I keep gertting referred to the no update permissions page alternative. I was wondering whether you could help me. Do you have any experience in using MS access 2002? here is my code:<%set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")conn.Open "Forum"set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")%><html><body><%sql="INSERT INTO forum1 (PosterName,Date,Comments,"sql=sql & " VALUES "sql=sql & "('" & Request.Form("name") & "',"sql=sql & "('" & Request.Form("date") & "',"sql=sql & "'" & Request.Form("comment") & "');"on error resume nextconn.Execute sql,recAffectedif err<>0 then Response.Write("No update permissions!")else Response.Write("<h3>" & recAffected & " record added</h3>")end ifconn.close%></body></html>

ive got a customer table in MS Access and i just want to add a record to the table.  ive copied the example from insert example in thw website and modified it, every time i fill in the form ive created it says No update permissions, not sure why.  i do have primary key called customer_id.

Did you manage to solve your problem. If you could help me I would be grateful. I'm having the same problem as you. I'm using MS access 2002 by the wayhere is my code:<%set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")conn.Open "Forum"set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")%><html><body><%sql="INSERT INTO forum1 (PosterName,Date,Comments,"sql=sql & " VALUES "sql=sql & "('" & Request.Form("name") & "',"sql=sql & "('" & Request.Form("date") & "',"sql=sql & "'" & Request.Form("comment") & "');"on error resume nextconn.Execute sql,recAffectedif err<>0 then Response.Write("No update permissions!")else Response.Write("<h3>" & recAffected & " record added</h3>")end ifconn.close%></body></html>

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having this same problem, I can't insert any records into my access database.  I keep gertting referred to the no update permissions page alternative.  I was wondering whether you could help me.  Do you have any experience in using MS access 2002?  here is my code:<%set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")conn.Open "Forum"set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")%><html><body><%sql="INSERT INTO forum1 (PosterName,Date,Comments,"sql=sql & " VALUES "sql=sql & "('" & Request.Form("name") & "',"sql=sql & "('" & Request.Form("date") & "',"sql=sql & "'" & Request.Form("comment") & "');"on error resume nextconn.Execute sql,recAffectedif err<>0 then  Response.Write("No update permissions!")else   Response.Write("<h3>" & recAffected & " record added</h3>")end ifconn.close%></body></html>

firt u check ur security permission then try below code<%set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")conn.Open "Forum"set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")%><html><body><%rs("PosterName")=Request.Form("Name")rs("date")=Request.Form("date")rs("comments")=Request.form("comment")rs.updateconn.close%></body></html>