IE won't pick up the a link colors

S@m

html:

<span class="captionLink">> <a href="#">Learn More</a></span>

css:

.captionLink {	font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 12px;	font-weight: bold;	color: #ffcc66;	}	.captionLink a {	font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 12px;	font-weight: bold;	color: #ffcc66;	}	.captionLink a:hover {	font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 12px;	font-weight: bold;	color: #ffcc66;	text-decoration: underline;	}

FF works fine. It has an orage text with orange underline on rollover.IE keeps the default rollover colors that I set earlier in the css file.However, if I make the font a different size, both browsers pick that up. It's just the font color that IE won't see. Is there a trick to fix that?Thank you much for your time and help!!

Well, I need the ">" to be in the same class. (color, style, weight etc)That's why I kept them all in one span class then just gave the "a" a separate class.If I should do it another way, I'm all for it. I'm somewhat of a rookie if you haven't noticed. :)Thanks for your time Dan!

Then change your CSS to:

.captionLink {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size: 12px;font-weight: bold;}.captionLink, .captionLink a { color: #ffcc66; text-decoration: none }.captionLink a:hover { color: #ffcc66; text-decoration: underline }
Remember that when you are supposed to repeat some CSS code, you should try to write it elsehow :)

Hey thanks Dan!That didn't work, but it gave me other ideas to try and I got somthing that works. I changed the class to an "id" and changed the css a little...

#captionLink {	font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 12px;	font-weight: bold;	color: #ffcc66;	}	#captionLink a {	color: #ffcc66;	text-decoration: none;	}#captionLink a:hover {	color: #ffcc66;	text-decoration: underline;	}

Then I just did a span id="" type thing.If that is a bad idea, let me know.Thanks for your help!!

• 2 weeks later...
If it works for you, it would be fine :)

(this is whats on my pages)--a:link {color: #0000ff ! important; text-decoration: none;}a:hover {color: #00ff00 ! important; text-decoration: underline;}(this is an option yo can do on yours)--A.captionLink:link { ...; color:red ! important}A.captionLink:hover { ...; color:blue ! important}by adding important into the tags it makes IE read it and it takes over anything else that might conflict the color.

Try this one, may be it helps

.captionLink {	font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 12px;	font-weight: bold;	color: #ffcc66;	}	.captionLink a:link {	font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 12px;	font-weight: bold;	color: #ffcc66;	}.captionLink a:visited {	font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 12px;	font-weight: bold;	color: #ffcc66;	}.captionLink a:hover {	font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;	font-size: 12px;	font-weight: bold;	color: #ffcc66;	text-decoration: underline;	}

i have just added a:link and a:visited as the same.