Testing Web Service (wsdl)

EENew02

Hi,I understand a little bit about webservice. I am so new to this. I created a wsdl based on someone else wsdl. I have no clue how to test wsdl. Someone told me I have to create some kind of TestClient something like that. I have no idea how to test to see if I can send something thru my wsdl. Can someone please help me?Thanks in advance.

If you want to consume the other web service, you need to connect to that WSDL file with the language you'll be using to construct the web service client.You only need your own WSDL file when you create your own web service for others to use.How to build a web service or client is another question though and it varyes greatly, depending on what you'll be using to create it.
My problem is I don't know how to build a client and I am not sure what to use to build it. Maybe you can show me how to or recommend to what software I should be using to create the CLIENT. I use XML spy to create the WSDL. Have you been to the website xmethod.com I believed. If you click on one of the services it allows you to fill out the service. That is what I need to build, and I am not sure how or where I should start. Thanks.

If you want to consume the other web service, you need to connect to that WSDL file with the language you'll be using to construct the web service client.You only need your own WSDL file when you create your own web service for others to use.How to build a web service or client is another question though and it varyes greatly, depending on what you'll be using to create it.

The site you're showing only has a logo and that's it...Well, I can't tell you how to do it in a certain language, mostly because I haven't constructed a client myself.What I can tell you though is that you can't make a static document in a simple text editor and expect it to work. You need ANY server side scripting language to create the client if you'll be using it in a web site (cause WS can be used in Desktop applications and Interactive (Flash for example) controls too). I'm not a mind reader, so I can't know for sure what (if any) server side scripting language you have at your disposal.