css background colour

helen stunell

I am creating a CSS for a website and I have used the following code:<head><style type="text/css"></head>body{background-color:yellow}h1 {background-color: transparent}h2 {background-color: transparent}p {background-color: rgb(250,0,255)}</style>all the code works apart from body{background-color: yellow} i can't understand why it won't work - its the same as the code W3c tells you to use. can anyone help?

I am creating a CSS for a website and I have used the following code:<head><style type="text/css"></head>body{background-color:yellow}h1 {background-color: transparent}h2 {background-color: transparent}p {background-color: rgb(250,0,255)}</style>all the code works apart from body{background-color: yellow} i can't understand why it won't work - its the same as the code W3c tells you to use. can anyone help?
Hmm try placing your closing head tag after your closing style tag.

It works fine, it should look like this<head><style type="text/css">body{background-color:yellow}h1 {background-color: transparent}h2 {background-color: transparent}p {background-color: rgb(250,0,255)}</style></head> :)http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?fil...ackground-color

It works fine, it should look like this<head><style type="text/css">body{background-color:yellow}h1 {background-color: transparent}h2 {background-color: transparent}p {background-color: rgb(250,0,255)}</style></head> :)http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?fil...ackground-color
I've tried it & it still won't work, my code looks exactly the same. ggggrrrrr!!!! :)

change this

<link rel="stylesheet"style type="text/css" href="style.css" />

to

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css" />

style.css must be in the same folder as the page you are linking it to

yeah tried that its still not working! My css file is in the same folder as my html file so thats not the problem. I really don't understand why the only part of the code that doesn't work is the background color. The code for the header etc works fine.Strange as it may sound, if i open my html file in open office word it work perfectly, background colour and everything so it obviously works just not in a browser!