font-size: small; font-size: 10px;

jesh

What's the best way to declare font-sizes? Should I use the relative "xx-small", "small" sizes? Should I specify them in pixels? ems?I want the text to be the same size in all browsers (when browsers are set to default text size) while still allowing visitors to increase the text size (e.g. CTRL + + and CTRL + - in firefox allows you to change the font size).I seem to remember that "small", "medium", etc. were introduced to allow people to change the font-sizes in their browsers, but I also seem to remember that different browsers treated these sizes differently.Any ideas?

Different users will having various settings depending on the browsers they use. It is always best to use relative measurements, in regards to font size, page widths, etc., that way your content will appear the way you want it to, but in relation to your visitors settings.

I thought Internet Explorer couldn't make font sizes with "px" sizes any bigger or smaller. So is it a good idea to use pixels instead of something else like "em" where it is adjustable in IE?

Thanks for all the input, everyone.

I thought Internet Explorer couldn't make font sizes with "px" sizes any bigger or smaller. So is it a good idea to use pixels instead of something else like "em" where it is adjustable in IE?
Yeah, I think you're right. I've mostly always used px sizes, but I was working on a theme editor for our site and one of the guys here suggested changing the sizes to "x-small", "small", etc. It seems to be working well, but I haven't tried it on the mac yet, nor in Opera. I've got my fingers crossed! :)