Whoa...

reportingsjr

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, I really liked this picture:http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/061...casado_full.jpgThis person took 1 minute exposures 30 times. Its of a meteor shower. They are stretched because each picture was taken over 1 minute, and 30 of those were taken and stuck together. An its rounded because its through a fish eye lens. -- My brother likes photography :).

That's a great picture of the Orion nebula. That's a nebula that you can actually see without a telescope.That machine is a German-made excavation machine. A place I work for does periodic work for the Air Force, and one of those guys sent a picture of one of those machines that accidentally hit a bulldozer. The bulldozer itself was a huge machine, weighed tens of thousands of pounds. In the picture, you could barely see the bulldozer in the teeth of that machine, that's how big it is.

Nah holme, well, here is the crawlers gas/length ratio: Diesel fuel mileage is about 350 liters per kilometer (less than 0.007 miles per gallon). So.. Its a lot smaller. I am guessing that this machine gets about 500-700 liters per kilometer? Maybe more?

No, it was some sort of cruise ship that they hadn't used for ages or something, I really can't remember exactly now. But it sounded like a crazy ammount of fuel consumption. Anyway, I seem to think that this topic really is not going anywhere in the direction of space LOL.

Sure thing!!What do you think about the universe being created and such. I think there are multiple universes out there, not just one. But there are more and more every day and they are expanding. I saw this thing once that said our universe was like a big shape thing (cant think of name). It was like a sphere and they said when something goes through the edge of it it appears at the exact oppesite of where it was. So like a loop, you could just keep going straight through the universe forever. I dont know about that though..

That sounds rather interesting. i do believe that there are more than one universe out there, because space is infanet and if our universe doesn't go on forever then there must be some other universe out there. It is such a strange concept to grasp though infinity. It is something that they talk about at my school in Philosophy.

Yeah, there HAS to be something else. The big bang is still going on, so it means space is rapidly growing. But why universes? Why define them? Why not just space? Told you I could start it back up :).

It was like a sphere and they said when something goes through the edge of it it appears at the exact oppesite of where it was. So like a loop, you could just keep going straight through the universe forever. I dont know about that though..
Of course, haven't you ever played Asteroids?Some theories say that the Big Bang was the result of the last universe imploding. They think that maybe the universe expands outward until gravity starts pulling it back together, and when everything collides you get another Big Bang and it starts over again. So it continually expands and contracts.Of course, that doesn't really help explain why things are accelerating outward..

I don't know what you mean by "beyond our explosions", but that theory would imply that the universe will expand out to to a certain point, then contract again until the next Big Bang, then explode again.. If there is anything outside of that universe, or for the time before our Big Bang, there is no way at this point to know. We simply do not have any technology that could provide an answer to those questions.

I don't know what you mean by "beyond our explosions", but that theory would imply that the universe will expand out to to a certain point, then contract again until the next Big Bang, then explode again.. If there is anything outside of that universe, or for the time before our Big Bang, there is no way at this point to know. We simply do not have any technology that could provide an answer to those questions.
You said in your previous post about everything expanding until gravity pulls it back together so I said is beyond our little explosion things (expanding and then gravity pulling us back again).@reportingsjr I do also believe that there are way more than one universe, then most probably there are things that are bigger than universe that hold universes called something else and so on etc.