Display Flight shcedule using XSLT,XML schema,XML document

phoebe1023

i want to publish information of flight schedule using XSLT. i was told to write the document in XML first then transformed into XHTML. i need XML schema to ensure the validaty of XML document also.anyone can suggest me how to do it?i m just a begginer in XML and now i m lost and dont know where to start.... :) please help me.... thanks a lotz....

XML Schema is only needed if other people besides you are going to write to the document. If you'll be the only one using it, you don't have to do this.As for XML and XSLT, start with the XML tutorial and then go to XPath. Only then, you'll be ready to go to the XSLT tutorial where the fun part begins.

Post some examples of your elements or attributes you want, so we can help you out.something like:

<schedule><flight><toDest></toDest><fromDest></fromDest><depart></depart><arriv></arriv></flight></schedule>

<schedule><flight><toDest>LA, CAL</toDest><fromDest>Columbus, OH</fromDest><depart>7:00AM</depart><arriv>3:00PM</arriv></flight><flight><toDest>Boston, MA</toDest><fromDest>Chicago, IL</fromDest><depart>1:00PM</depart><arriv>4:00PM</arriv></flight></schedule>

...or whatever you had in mind.