New to HTML

hunzaboy

HI...I have just started HTML in my college...as the initial stage for programming/coding.ANy advices or Suggestions to be a nice Coder/ProgrammerCheers

Check out the XHTML tutorial on this site. Get in the habit of closing all of your HTML tags and using lowercase characters instead of UPPERCASE. (<p></p> rather than <P></P> and <br /> rather than <BR>)Also, if you are able to do something that was a significant challenge for you, make sure you add comments to the code so that if you return to it at a later time it will help you remember how you accomplished it.

I do agree with aspnetguy, but it shouldn't be a major problem. I really recomend these tutorials, they are just so great. It was like a godsent when I found them and seriously I would have in those days called it an online bible to HTML.These great tutorials are just so amazing and I really think that they will help you, learn HTML in just 5 Days, give or take, with only notepad, a browser and an internet connection, with no fee whatsoever.It took me about a month to run through alkl of the tutorials, but that was spending about an hour or so each evening. So I soppose it really is true. With online videos that you can stop, pause, rewind and fastforward they really are great. Ok they do start off with a basic skills tutorial, which is very basic but if you bear in mind it is aimed at teaching anyone how to use HTML, and so a wide range of people need to be catered for.When I first knew a bi of HTML I could barely string a line of code together let alone make a page. Now look, I can make a whole website using HTML all hand written. Check out my website, see my signature.Oh, and lets not forget the actual link...Clcik HereEnjoy!