Disable Right Click

holmedwa04

Hi,Just wondering whether there is any way in which you can disable right click with some simple HTML or Java Script code?It isn't for me, its for someone I know, and I do already know that people can still get around these things, but they would still like to know, so does anyone know any code?

Sorry, I just needed a pretty speedy responce, it does work, but obviously if the user selects the image then uses CTRL and C you can copoy it.I am sure there are lots of other codes that you can use, but at the end of the day, if someone wants your picture bad enough then they will get it, whether they just take a print screen or look in there tempory internet files.

Or do File -> SaveOr disable JavascriptOr use OperaOr use a script to get the HTMLOr use a packet snifferAnd, like you said, Or copy and pasteOr print screenOr local cacheBut yeah, other then that, it's a great idea. And it has the wonderful side effect of irritating your users (assuming they aren't using Opera), but I guess websites don't want users anyway, right?

I don't get you, I am not going to use it. Beside, am I not right in saying that whne someone views your page it downloads all of the content into their tempory internet files, so wouldn't it be in there? They would be able to get it that way wouldn't they? If they really wanted to.

Oh rihgt, so it is about 10 or more methods. Do you think that my signature is better now? Because Jonas told me off, and suggested some improvments. Also, I know this is not really relevant but where has dantheprof been recently?

:), nice one justsomeguy.. I dont think its very much better, still really long. Get rid of those lines!Anyways, you can still go to view->page source (in Fx its ctrl+u). So its not very helpful. You can get html decoders and such though :).

first, I owe a few folks an apology. I've been real busy and been meaning to deal with this issue for some time.holmedwa04, the concern with your signature started with me. Jonas has graciously taken an opportunity to address the issue, as well as a couple members. As it has been pointed out, your signature is often longer than your posts (and that is not necessarily a good or bad thing). The amount of scrolling one must do to get past your posts is one issue I have contention with. The second, is the group of links that you have that advertise sites very similar to w3schools. I understand that they may have supporting or different detailed information, but we have a no advertising rule that we would like to see honored. The links we generally feel are signature worthy might be your personal site (which should be mentioned in your profile anyway - as you have) or one of a browser preference or something like that.Now, we could simply log in to our admin panel and put a character restriction on the signatures, but we are not the type of moderators to be that strict. Before your change, your signature was something like 856 characters - now it is 729. The amount of space you create, the links you have and the image you have are irrelevant - the image in your signature says nothing more that your avatar.Lets try to get that down to 300 characters - thanks.