HTML code _blanksize

majicmajic

Question 1: What is the code to size a window when using _blank. I would also like to eliminate any of the information normally found at the top of the page. what I ultimatly would like to accomplish is the ability to size the page and have it display clean of all other information.Question 2: How do I display a link on a page and once the link is clicked I would like to display the information below the link. Also once it is clicked again have the information disapear. Is that even possible? Sounds stupid I know. :) ThanksDan

This code should work:

<a href="java script:MM_openBrWindow('link to your page.html','text that you would like to appear','width=your width in pixels,height=your height in pixels,menubar=yes/no,toolbar=yes/no,status=yes/no,scrollbars=yes/no,resizable=yes/no')">your text that you want to appear</a>
There, just change the bits that are in bold, and I think it will qork, not quite sure what all of the things like status and things mean.

I am ever so sorry I have just realised some mistakes with that code that I sent you, so lets start agian:This code should work:Add this code to the head of your page, well inside:

<script LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT">function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0   window.open(theURL,winName,features);}// --></SCRIPT>

<ahref="java script:MM_openBrWindow('filename.htm','filename','width=650,height=550,menubar=no,toolbar=no,status=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=no')">click here </a>
There, just change the bits that are in bold, and I think it will work. You just need to make sure you get the first bits right, make sure that you do the second bold bit exactly the same as your file name without the extension.There that should work!

• 1 month later...

I tried this out and modified as follows. Any idea why it isn't working?In the head:

<script LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT">function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0   window.open(theURL,winName,features);}// --></SCRIPT>

In the body:

<ahref="java script:MM_openBrWindow('rules.htm','rules','width=650,height=550,menubar=no,toolbar=no,status=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=no')">click here </a>