Trouble with having a PDF file in my HTML file

Guest John-O

I have a business website with PDF newsletters. The web pages have a PDF file embedded in them using this code:<EMBED src="../pdf/NewsFlash_October16-2006.pdf" width="668" height="990" href="../pdf/NewsFlash_October16-2006.pdf" align="top">Everytime I or anyone else opens the page the PDF loads but then the error window pops up shutting down Adobe.Can anyone help me out?Heres the site if you want to check it outhttp://www.managementdynamics.com/GTM/mdi061016-0409.html

For one, I would ditch the PDF altogether and figure out another way to display the data. Otherwise, here are some of my thoughts:Please close the EMBED tag. I can't stand ill formed markup.I think the issue is probably on the client side, with whatever plugin adobe uses to display pages inline. This isn't as good, since there are people that either don't have the plugin, or block specific plugin/active-x use.You can consider putting in a frame, and having that frame just point to the pdf. I personally dislike frames myself, but it is something you can do.Otherwise, look into this: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashpaper/

Can't you just link to them like a normal hyperlink, then just have a disclaimer that says you need Adobe so download the latest version here if you do not already have it.
thats by far the easiest and most common option people go for:)

I have never really thought about embeding files in a page, but com to think of it, all files on our intranet at school are embedded in this sortof way, because when you click on them, they open in a small ort of frame with all the different buttons, like a mini program!

• 11 months later...

I me ser ev c wo o wha y a sa wit wri f wo... :)But yes, I would say if it is an internet application, go for the download, but if it is for an intranet where all computers have the PDF plugin, then embedding is neat.