Write a File to Hard Disk Location

Dhirendra

Hi,I have following requirement. Can anyone help me???I am developing an application which will create an Excel file and save it to the disk without prompting the user. In other words it should not display the save dialog box. :) . I am using PL/SQL Cartridges. Owa_Util.Mime_Header ( 'application/vnd.ms-excel', False);htp.Print('Content-Disposition:attachment;filename="test.xls"');owa_Util.Http_Header_Close; The Owa_Util is used to write the data into EXCEL. But when the second line encounters it displays the save dialog box. :) even if i will specify C:\test.xls instead of test.xls. I came to know this is possible through JS. So if any one can help me......... :):blink::blink: Regards,Dhirendra

You can't do that. It's a security measure. Thank god for it too. Imagine every page you visit saves a HUGE file in your HDD without you knowing it.

Do you mean your server's files, or your client's files? I'm sure there's a way to do it with your server's files, but if you're trying to write to your user's hard drive...there's no chance. :)

Then why would you write it to the server OS? Why not just put it in a database, or upload it into the public_html section of your OS?

..or use a server side scripting language application that is executed on that server. I mean, the above fragment looked like JS and JS can't do that.