Introduce Yourself

Chocolate570

Hello ladies and Gents,I'm as new as new can be when it comes to web design and programming.I live in the UK and work in first line support. Our main focus is to support users that use financial accounting software.I'm currently training to become a systems accountant./Comf.

Hi.There is a dedicated topic for introducing yourself, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was merged with it.

himy Name is Reem . i am girl from Saudi Arabia << not a terrorist nice to meet u
I take it you don't use ASP? :)

I take it you don't use ASP? :)
Oh come on! Stop it already :) .[merged]

Hi W3 People: I'm new from Mexico Country, City Durango, I'm single woman, I'm "Licenciada en Informatica" as a computer degree, and usually program on VisualFox 9, I love God, and try to be a good person, I would like to learn PHP, but I find it without structure, I like the visual things without much code, I think is boring. I say hello to all of U and hello for Chocolate too.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings everyone!Semi-new to the web design/developer world. Relearning HTML and CSS at the moment. Hoping to quickly get those down and try to turn a current hobby into a career. Any and all help/tips/suggestions always appreciated!Looking forward to learning from and helping you all!~Mitze

hi everyone,just signed up the other day. i have been an extremely part time web developer for a couple years. Last month I got lucky and was hired by a local web development company so I am trying to learn as much as I can, with hopes of getting hired on after my 6 month work contract.*fingers crossed*

Well....I'm a photographer and I do some occasional drawing. I have been an admin on different websites for the two fields some time but I was a day to day task manager. I was recently promoted to working with the backend of the site and now I'm in a world of confusion. I came here to ask questions since this is the site I learned most of what little I already know. Need help getting my computer set up for developing as well as understanding it as it applies to an existing site.

• 3 weeks later...
Here you can be welcomed to the forum. Just introduce yourself, so we can get to know everyone better. This is not a place for questions, so keep that in mind. My name is Chocolate570 and I am a moderator of this forum. You can PM me any concerns RELATED to this forum. What about you? :)~Chocolate570This has not been stickied for a reason. If I see alot of replies, then i'll sticky it. Otherwise, it'll just occupy more space in the pinned section.
I have all ready introduced my self. This question is about the Tutorial lessons examples and try it yourself sections. Where can I get help in why those wont work in my computer using IE. While viewing these examples on your site I checked the source code and shows that you you include DOC Type data and other codes not shown on the left side, which may be why I cannot duplicate some of them. Can you let me know ehre I can post my questions about this?vernon

Guest Knight

Greetings. :) I'm Knight, (Well that's not my real name) I'm 18 and have only dabbled with web design when I was younger using dreamweaver and other sorts. I'm just learning from scratch again so I joined to form some sort of network and just see what others have to say to give ideas. Because of exams and stuff I have never been able to concentrate fully on web designing among other circumstances.

Bonjour,I am looking to become a web lord.At the moment I am but a web squire with grand ambitions on a quest of rising through knighthood to lordship!I intend to read HTML, CSS and JQuery code like the operator reads code from the matrix!I will be travelling on my quest through the perilous land of webspace, where all kinds of dangers await me and beyond which lies the holy land of completed website!I call all those who are willing and without fear to join me on this holy crusade!

Edited by thrombox

Guest Zayed Khan

Full name: Zayed KhanAlternative name(s): MaZzBirth date(dd/mm/yyyy): 02/07/1989Gender: MaleZodiacal sign: CancerCountry of residance: PakistanCity of residance: KarachiHeight: 5.9Weight: 58KGEyes: BrownHair: Black Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: Yes/No/NoFavourite Music:Almost everything excluding Hard Rock.Favourite Movies: HackersInterest: Everything about computers.Pets: None.Additional comments: I have vey big plans for my future, most of witch are really... impossible. In some way I think w3schools will let me be closer to my dreams though.

Here you can be welcomed to the forum. Just introduce yourself, so we can get to know everyone better. This is not a place for questions, so keep that in mind. My name is Chocolate570 and I am a moderator of this forum. You can PM me any concerns RELATED to this forum. What about you? :)~Chocolate570This has not been stickied for a reason. If I see alot of replies, then i'll sticky it. Otherwise, it'll just occupy more space in the pinned section.
Hi my name is sreno and I love w3schools.com. I am learning to code in all the markup and other languages in the curriculum. I was just wanting to suggest to the w3schools.com administration to possibly add C, C#, C++ and Java to w3Schools.com site for learning programming languages, even ada. I learn a lot better the way w3schools.com is set up than any other online tutorial I have seen. Just a suggestion. Thank you..Sreno

Bonjour,I am looking to become a web lord.At the moment I am but a web squire with grand ambitions on a quest of rising through knighthood to lordship!I intend to read HTML, CSS and JQuery code like the operator reads code from the matrix!I will be travelling on my quest through the perilous land of webspace, where all kinds of dangers await me and beyond which lies the holy land of completed website!I call all those who are willing and without fear to join me on this holy crusade!
Thou art wise to find thine self upon the w3schools forum!

Guest Darwin_Botts

Thank you for letting me join you everyone! My name is my username: Darwin Botts. Basically I've always felt stupid because people my age can just "magically" put together websites. And of course they are genius' at putting together computer computers too.Be really cool to have the ability to make a website and fix a computer. Be someone who can read and understand to help out others. So what I've been doing is:use angelfire.com then made a free website. From there I use the basic html lessons and each time I go to one. I pratice that html in angelfire. Dunno if that's the right way but slowly I see how the html interacts and works in angelfire. Practice makes perfect!!Though eventually to be able to do a "speed" site to make a website as fast as possible using everything I know instead of this turtle slow pace. >.< Idk if I'll ever make it past html! LOL

Hi, Long Con here. I've been a Flash Developer and Photoshop aficionado for a number of years, learning little pieces of HTML, CSS, and javascript when I needed them. Now, I'm trying to round myself out and actually gain some marketable skills with these things. So, you will probably see me asking some questions that make me look like a total noob - please don't judge me too harshly! :) I do know some stuff.

Hi there my name is Becky I am also new here I want to learn as much as I can so I can either apply those skills to my husbands business or actually acquire enough skills to get a real job. Heaven forbid I'm hoping to be able to do both. I've purchased the HTML plus CSS book and I'm very interested so not only am I new to W3schools but this is my first post in any forum so if I break the rules if you have any please do let me know. So a little about me I currently a Office Manager in an Auto Repair Shop called Carcone's in Richmond Hill, Ontario. I'm looking for a greener pasture and I sincerely hope I find it within web design. I live common law with my boyfriend and his son (16years old) we haven't walked down the isle but we consider us married He has his own business called Craftsman Collision/Refinishing he is in the Auto Body trade. So that's a bit about me, hopefully I won't be asking silly questions but in the event I do please keep in mind my computer skills end at email and internet as well this is the first forum I've been apart of but I can't wait until I can be answering the questions instead of asking them.With Thanks in AdvanceBecky Hester

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Just entered this site as I'm on my way to develop a fansite, initially listing my own custom graphics for games such as Transport Tyccon, SimCity... and so on...I'm a long termer when it comes to the Internet, and have been "online" for almost two deacades - I think... all this time known as SAC. I entered since I wanted to start drawing replacement graphics for games at that time, and while I was thinking of a suitable name I came up with Swedish Art Gothenburg. Too long though, so I used the initials, SAG, only to find it horrible... So the G became a C and ever since I'm simply SAC online. No more, no less... :)In the late 90's I wanted to have a site of my own for my custom graphics, and while I consider myself a fairly good pixel artist, I most certainly s**k at coding. Thankfully I found Frontpage, which helped me to at least get someting online, and I actually did miracle with that tool, getting e-mails from people about how surprised they were to find out that my site "Gothia" was built up using Frontpage! However, nothing reveals anything about these people's general knowledge or taste though... ;pWell, Gothia isn't no more as I now own the domain Simuscape.com, and I started this development for a little more than a year ago. Unfortunately, last spring my life partner since many years got cancer, and passed away September 10th 2009. Almost a year now to be frank, and it's awfully unreal to say the least. But I've taken upon myself to try to continue with my site to have something to do whilst finding out a new life...Anyways, glad to be here!Cheers everyone!/SAC

Hi Becky - we can ask silly questions together, and stay strong. noble.gifI used to work in Richmond Hill, corner of Leslie and 16th. :)
I would love that silly questions are ok I'm trying to learn as much as possible but I also work a full time job that feels more like a full time & part time so I feel as if I'm not getting very far but ill just keep clicking along where did you used to work in r hill? Anyways good luck and hope to talk soon