Introduce Yourself

Chocolate570

Hi everyoneI taught myself HTML when the boss was still thinking that windows help files were the way to deploy information on our intranet. Back in 1984 - how poetic - big brother and mind control - it was hard to convince people that the Internet was going to take over the world. From 1984 to 2003 I grew my intranet site from 13 pages to over 800 - and without using content management software. Once the CMA/CMS came into place I became redundant as did the quality of my website.In 2000 my wife and I decided to open a B&B. Considering I had all that experience we decided to build our own website. Today when I look back at the Internet archive iterations of my website, I wonder why I thought it was so cool in 2000....10 web years later is like a lifetime of learning.So now I have abandoned frames and tables and rely on CSS. What did I hear - separate the formatting from the content. A wonderful idea. Now I work hard at making the impossible happen in CSS with no extra cheats. Today my wife and I have 3 websites and despite the arguments she controls the content and I make the miracles happen with the formatting. Thank goodness for forums such as this and W3C to help me out over the bumpy parts.Despite my advancing years, i continue to learn how to create user friendly pages while staying away from many formatting pitfalls.I look forward to sharing my discoveries and learning more about CSS/HTML on this forum....Guy

Full name: Jeremiah PendletonAlternative name(s): JielimiyaBirth date(dd/mm/yyyy): In my profileGender: Also in my profileZodiacal sign: Pisces (Why put this if I put dob?)Country of residance: USA, but I plan to move to Asia soon (One year schooling in China then Citizenship in Japan to be specific). City of residance: Hudson Height: 6'5" (around 2m)Weight: 220 lbs (around 100 kilo.)Eyes: BlueHair: Light BrownSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: No/ Yes (water and tea, no alcohol)/ NoFavourite Music: Classical, Acoustic/Folk, White metal, EmoFavourite Movies: Not much of a movie watcherInterest: Also in my profilePets: My computer =3Additional comments: In this template, residence and favorite are both spelled wrong. :)

Oh! You're right :) My bad.

Hello everyone!I've been using W3Schools for a while now and I've been meaning to join the forum and I finally have.I really like the site, it is very helpful and my #1 online reference.I look forward to being part of the community,John

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
:) Hello everyone. I am web-code43 I have been reading the tutorials for a while now. Just recently joined the forums. You are welcome to check out my profile. I'll be adding a few things to it soon. I'm sure I'll be having a lot of fun here. :) Thank you.

Hello Friends..............I am new to this forum.I am doing Gniit from niit. I am from delhi. hello to all.Hope I make good friends thereHello to all:)

Thank you for the kind welcome! My name is Mark. I am an apprentice web developer. I have much to learn and look forward to reading the posts on this site. :)
Hi........................good...can we friends.....Ashish from delhi and u ??waiting for your replyBye dear

Hello i am Ash, and i am here to learn, oh and one question: would the 'certificates' hold validity in the eyes of an employer?take care and always ask questions

Hello i am Ash, and i am here to learn, oh and one question: would the 'certificates' hold validity in the eyes of an employer?take care and always ask questions
It depends on the employer.Being honest, if I was an employer I would not give much validity to the certificates, judging by the people of this forum who considered getting one.The ceritificate may show that you memorized some syntax, but doesn't prove that somebody is able to actually solve problems on their own, which is what most of the people seem to be lacking.

Full name: Kyle AltmanAlternative name(s): Karl (is my nickname in theater at school)Birth date(dd/mm/yyyy): 30/06/1994Gender: MaleZodiacal sign: CancerCountry of residance: USACity of residance: VancouverHeight: 5Ft 6inchesWeight: 130 Last time i checkedEyes: silverish,blueishHair: red... but fading :) Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: happy to quit all of those things since 12/17/2011 and I feel GREAT!Favourite Music: Heavy metal...some call it screamoFavourite Movies: social network because its just funny and awsome all aroundInterest: Live tech work for theater, world of warcraft, being with my friends and girlfriend :)Pets: 2 dogsAdditional comments:I only know a tiny bit of scripting and some advanced html... looking to expand and really get started so expect to see alot of questions from me haha but I can't wait to learn alot from you people and having fun doing so.. I'm easy to get along with and I am very open minded and don't worry about hurting my feelings because with saying what I code is bad or wrong because I am here to learn and get help and maybe one day help other people too! Can't wait to meet you guys! would love to get to know you guys so go ahead and feel free to message me!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Forum,I am sort of new and wanted to introduce myself. So I am a Newbie. Also have been sort of thinking of learning web designing and am now really taking a stab at it. I just got finished with HTML and am ready to create a very simple practice website. So I guess I will be searching for simple one to try.

Here you can be welcomed to the forum. Just introduce yourself, so we can get to know everyone better. This is not a place for questions, so keep that in mind. My name is Chocolate570 and I am a moderator of this forum. You can PM me any concerns RELATED to this forum. What about you? ~Chocolate570This has not been stickied for a reason. If I see alot of replies, then i'll sticky it. Otherwise, it'll just occupy more space in the pinned section.QUOTE ("Skemcin")
:)

:)
If you've been trying to actually PM Chocolate570, he's not been active for a little while. If you have any concerns you can message one of the current moderators.

:) hi all, name is dwaynefrom guyana originally but live in the usaim here to fine out how to create somethin that had me goin loco fa a while now :) and i hope i can do so on this siteumm did i miss anythin im suppose to place here?

Hello everyone! I am Kcmartz. I used to be a member of webmaster-talk.com before getafreelancer took over them. I left and joined here! :) I am a 17 year old living in Washington State. I know HTML 4.01 and CSS2. I am learning HTML5, CSS3, and PHP. I know how to use Dreamweaver and Photoshop (I like SSH more than Dreamweaver though) and Have done one client website, working on finding another.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey name is Dwayneage: 22location:.......reason for being here: to get some helpwhere did i hear about this site: off a tuturial on youtubedo i have my personal website: yeswat is it: dds1 aka divinedesigns1.net which is semi down atm.well thats who i am, n its nice to meet every1, n thanks for the many helps that i got so far:) peace :) "Im not too sure if i did this part already n if i did my bad for the double post"

• Like 2