Introduce Yourself

Chocolate570

Hello everyone i am Joseph, i am 20 years old and i live in Greece. I've been a computer guy for some years now. I started as a gamer but that wasn't enough so i kept looking for more interesting things about computers. I still believe i haven't learned anything but i definitely know a lot more than an average user (yeah friends come to me when they have problems). I've learned things because i like experimenting and trial and error is the way to learn.I've decided i want to work on the programming scene because the feeling of solving a problem (that's what programming does doesn't it? ;) ) feels like nothing in the world (well maybe a few things are better) , and it actually puts you into thinking. I started learning C++ but i thought it would be way more interesting to go into web development (feels good to be able to see your work online, and be able to share it with others). Anyway, i found w3schools and stayed here for the reason all of us did. Because it's awesome, it's beginner-friendly and the community is even better. I've had some problems that people here solved them almost in no time, and i am hoping, one day i'll be able to solve other's problems here :)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings! I'm Ja. So excited to be a part of this community!I'm a web designer/developer full time, and I'm always looking for new things to do and learn. I also hope I can be a help and give back as well.

Greetings,I am new to the world of Web Design and Development. I am presently taking a course at the local campus. I am finding it a fun and exciting subject to learn. Hope to expand and enhance the knowledge of Web Design and Development.

Greetings with smile :) Hi everyone, im just new member on this forum, I am here to learn more about the web.I hope my presence here does not bother anyone :)

Hello all. Name's Aaron. English, but in Valencia, Spain for now. Ultra new to this web design business, no course, just trying to learn it myself. Just read the forum guidelines, my favourite bit: 'There's no need for calling someone stupid if they ask an 'easy' question.' Although I try to find a solution myself [only by searching forums, and hoping at least one person has had the same problem...] I'm using Dreamweaver and Photosop CS5s and right now I'm trying to work my way through the HTML and CSS side of things by knocking up a dummy/practice design. Thanks... [PS. RNPR; I just came from Indonesia, where abouts do you live..?]

Hi! Every one, My name is Joe and I'm 52 years old and live in Ohio, USA. I like PHP coding and software programming. I run 4 web sites. here the list http://www.toppsbbs.info (bulletin Board Related) Bloghttp://www.df-barracks.com for Novalogic gamers and mission editors.http://www.frontline-nova.com Mission editing and gammers, Online chat and online games (new)http://www.pro-forums.info Programming forum (Free Class downloads) and BBS Doors, includes free libraries too. I have 2 cats, 2 birds and one hamster, lol. I live a lone and no wife or kids. The only thing I do is punch keys on my keyboard most of the day. I chat on yahoo IM and facebook. I try to help people who need it. I'm a PC Repair Tech and I been coding in PHP for 4 1/2 years. I been Programming software for all most 3 years. and release one package called Med Little Helper. You can download it from :http://www.mediafire.com/?vrlh4tpb0ybr8Press F1 from the opening window will load the help file. The new help system requires H2Viewer and that can be downloaded from here http://helpware.net/mshelp2/h2viewer_install_146.exe for free and free to use.Need any help. You can go here http://www.df-barracks.com Was this a little too much info.Joe

Hi, everyoneName : OkiGender : FemaleZodiac : ScorpionCountry : Indonesia Nice to meet you all, I recently found w3schools and already learn a lot.I hope by joining W3schools, I will master the web programming and design.

I haven't been around for a while, but I am slowly learning web design and coding at the same time as doing a professional graphic design course. I really wanted to post here as it's the first day I've seen the new forum design: looks so much better! Great work guys. Mark.

Name: ShaneBirth date(dd/mm/yyyy): 27.02.1994Gender: MaleZodiacal sign: PisciesCountry of residance: AustraliaCity of residance: PerthHeight: ~185 cmEyes: BlueHair: Dark blondSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: NoFavourite Music: Anything Bon JoviFavourite Movies: Anything goodInterest: Programming (particularly web), computers, reading, musicPets: New pup (it wont shut up!).Additional comments: Hi all, I am in to web programming :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!! :D Name: RahulAlternative name(s): RaRa, RalphBirth date(dd/mm/yyyy): 27/05/1992Gender: MaleZodiacal sign: GeminiCountry of residance: AustraliaCity of residance: SydneyEyes: BrownHair: BlackSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: No/On Occasion/NoFavourite Music: Everything but child artists with too much fame and screamo bandsFavourite Movies: InceptionInterest: GamingOccupation: Student

hi there, im new to this site, i like a lot to learn, so here I am.Full name: Bryan GilesAlternative name(s): ArturoGender: MaleZodiacal sign: AquariusCountry of residance: MéxicoCity of residance: TaxcoHeight: 1.63 mWeight: 50 kgEyes: Light BrownHair: Black/BrownSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: noneFavourite Music: Hard Rock, and Japanese MusicFavourite Movies: Troy, Gladiator, Braveheart, etcInterest: ArtsPets: I use to have 2 turtles, now i just have 1 :( my 7 year old Tatl turtle, passed away last week.Additional comments: Im learning CSS and PHP, thats how i found this site.thank you!

Hi. I'm batescrewI know very little about these types of scripts. I'm learning about JavaScript, Ajax and PHP in a college course and thought it would be helpful to join a form to have more sources to help me understand all this. I hope to learn a lot as I go through the topics.

Hey Guys, figured since I am posting more and more I should introduce myself. Name: Krewe (Zach)Age: 16Knowledge: HTML, CSS, Php and MySQLAbout Me: I am a student in high school, grade 11. I am in 2 classes that offer me time to work on web development and learning more about it.I am currently developing a website for a local business: Http://www.surfshackyogurt.com/I have been working on it since May. The current version you see on the home page I made in less than a week. I am about to roll out v2 of the site Monday. I love sports, I participate in Football and Pole Vaulting. So yea, want to know more ask... ~Krewe

• Like 4

Hi I'm a rapidly aging PHP noob lol. Having just registered with W3schools Forums and knowing just enough HTML and CSS have managed to construct and validate all my web pages/sites without any problem so i have decided to start learning PHP.

Hello all. I'd like to introduce myself. I am always trying to gain knowledge on a diverse number of subjects and hope to learn a lot from you folks here. Currently I am trying to get my head around PHP but I find it difficult. If there are any questions feel free to ask them I am not shy :D . regards, Flutje

Edited by Flutje

Hi everyone, My names John and I'm taking my first steps along the road to becoming, hopefully, a web developer utilizing the tutorials on this site as a starting point. I'm starting pretty much from scratch although I have always had an interest in computing and I did learn basic HTML a long time ago (its vaguely familiar still now) as a youth and coded my own website, though it was a bit rudimentary. Anyway looking forward to rinsing everyone on here for answers to the many questions I will no doubt have :P

Full name: AshleyGender: FemaleZodiacal sign: CancerCountry of residence: USA!Height: Tall ;)Weight: Yeah rightEyes: BrownHair: BlackSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: Why not?Favourite Music: There's not any music you won't catch me listening to.Favourite Movies: Manic, ElephantInterest: Computers (obviously) drawing, writing, reading, cooking, sleeping, eating, etc. (too many more to list)Pets: I don't like to talk about it... -_-

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone!Awesome community...I'm looking to learn Windows Visual Basic programming. Can any one tell me from where should I start???Thanks!
Well since you didn't give any info on what your trying to do. I would think the best place to start at is http://www.microsoft.com/express and download Visual Studio Express 1st and they have lots of video tutorials. and if you need more help you can go to http://www.msdn.com and login and check out there forums sections. Since it's the best place to go for that. I don't know if w3schools offer Visual Basic yet. I do a little Visual Basic and Visual C# my self.
  • Like 1

Hello from Atlanta. I'm a Web designer and developer (developer>designer). I love a good Web site and look forward to participating/helping with some of you and your projects. If you'd like to know more about what I do; follow my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I'm Phil from Perth, Western AustraliaMy name's Philip (Phil) Taylor.I'm an old Pommie guy, but I live in Perth, Western Australia. I've been playing around with HTML for a while but would like to learn to "do it proper", which is why I'm here. I want to learn how to use HTML5 and CSS correctly, and then maybe Javascript.I enjoy reading the Forum comments, and I've found the Tutorials an immense help, so I guess I'm here for a while. Pets: A cat, Latte (who thinks he's a dog, but may be dyslexic because sometimes he thinks he's a god), and a dog, Pepper (who tries to fix Latte's dyslexia by frightening him half to death). Update: Because Latte is a cat, he feels he's "top of the wozza" so we now call him King Latte. Pepper, the dog, had to have a title as well, so he's now Sultan Pepper (think about it).Interests: HTML, CSS, BASIC programming (yes, it's still around... Try QB64) and brass band music.Fav movies: Life of Brian - best comedy ever, Cool Hand Luke, Ben Hur (does my age show?), Cuckoo's Nest.

Edited by PhilOfPerth