Introduce Yourself

Chocolate570

Brilliant. Lots of people in their late teens here. Best age for learning. :)Welcome to the forums! Hope you'll benefit from participating here.

Welcome guys! And i want you guys to welcome me too. lol i JUST got into coding and all, i going into the web designer career, i do website layouts in Adobe Photoshop. But now i want to learn to code them. So yeah.. what should i learn? CSS? Anyway i'm 15 years old, and glad to be here! :)

Hi Everyone! My name is Ed, I just recently got into HTML/CSS coding, thanks to your wonderful detailed tutorials, and can I just say I am addicted??? lol I hope to post with you all soon!
Wow, my name is Ed to, snap!Hi everyone, and now the template:Full name: Edward HolmesAlternative name(s): Ed, Eddie.Birth date(dd/mm/yyyy): 02/04/1991Gender: MaleZodiacal sign: AriesCountry of residance: EnglandCity of residance: Stone, not a city but oh well.Height: 6ft 2 and a half inchsWeight: Dont be so nosy.Eyes: BrownHair: BrownSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: No way/Not really/NEVER EVER dream of itFavourite Music: Anything apart from Heavy MetalFavourite Movies: Too many, list is below, no particular order, like them all.Interest: My Computer, HTML, reading, making things, especially shapes, see my site in my signature.Pets: Lucky Cat (died) 18 fish in a pondAdditional comments: I think that this website is absolutely awsome, I cant find words to discribe, and I have learnt sooooo much from it.List of films:

The Blue Planet Series,Shreck 1 & 2,The Incredibles,Ice Age 1 & 2,Shark Tale,Robots,Daddy Day Care,Harry Potter 1, 2, 3 & 4,BEAN The Ultimate Disaster,Evolution,Chicken Run,Wallace and Grommit Shorts (The Wrong Trousers, A Close Shave & Grand Day Out),Wallace and Grommit Movie (The Curse of the Ware Rabbit),Johnny English,Big Daddy,Oceans 11,Bo Selecta First Series,Love Actually,The Blues Brothers,Ray the movie,Schindlers List,Gladiator,The Others.

Told you it was a long list, phew. :) And that is all about me, I didn't realise this topic was here LOL :)

werd, make way for the new girl!i'd say i'm an intermediate html user, I have a pretty good idea how to make things look a certain way, but i thought that by helping others (which is one of my favourite past times) and seeing what they were making i could totally get inspired.so here's to inspiration.btw, 22, statistician by training, market researcher by trade. i like to consider myself a well-rounded geek snob.

Full name: Donna O. Ible-WhiteAlternative name(s): "D"Birthday: September 20Gender: FemaleZodiacal sign: VirgoCountry of residance: Guyana (but from St. Kitts)Height: About 5'3"Weight: About 123Eyes: BlackHair: BlackSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: No/No/NoFavourite Music: GospelFavourite Movies: Comedy/ Action/ RomanceInterest: Web design, graphic design, couselling, cooking, flower gardening, entertaining guestsPets: NoneAdditional comments: Just here to learn and to help others if i can

Hi!!!!!!!Gender: Male (last time I checked)Hair: There was a party down the drain and all my hairs were invited.Eyes: HazelLocation: Northampton, England - help get me out of here!!!! (lol, only joking)Height: 5ft 10"Weight: 11 stone 3 pounds - my heaviest weight ever was 11 stone 13 pounds (fact!)Age: 27 - but reluctantly pushing 28 :)Starsign: Aries - I have a tendency to stand in fields eating grass and occasionally blurting out 'baaa!' in public.Album collection includes: The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, The Kooks, Sam Cooke, The Drifters, O-Zone(funky Romanian group) & REMFavourite movie = Meet the ParentsInterests: Anything legalTravels: France, Germany, Wales, England, Spain, Cyprus, Morrocco, USA, Ukraine, Ireland and Gibraltar (possibly Belarus in Novemeber 2006)I have only just started last week to learn the basics of HTML language, so please don't ask me any heavy questions relating to any of the languages, as I won't have a clue. In fact I know nothing about creating/setting up websites.My purpose here is to try and learn from W3 as much as I can about languages. I hope that one day I will be able to use what I learn and create a website - preferably one that looks at least half decent!

Brilliant. Lots of people in their late teens here. Best age for learning. :)
Im sorry but I disagree! middle teens, or earlier! Even better if you can get a hold of resources!! like me..Im 14 (and a few days) and I have my own website hosting and such. I am open to plenty of web resources! It is pretty easy for me to understand most things, minus regex :).

• 2 weeks later...

I am vinoth from HTTPguru Team from India.I am good at C,C++ , PHP , MYSQL and Security.I am BE in computer science with CCNA and currently pursuing CCNP.Nothing more to add about me, I like playing chess and football and i play for my club in football.

I am vinoth from HTTPguru Team from India.I am good at C,C++ , PHP , MYSQL and Security.
I'm curious... where did you learned C and C++ from? Hopefully, if it's something online, you'll give a link. The site in your sig doesn't have any tutorials for it. I guess it's new, isn't it?

HI I am ennmaI am a beginner , i find coding hard, so I wish to find guidance here, and if time permits, be good enough to contribute to the forum , thank you allennma

If you find coding hard, I really recomend that you follow some tutorials, I think that these tutorials are really good if you want to lear quick (5 days) give or take. It took me a month, I spent about an hour each night, oh well, that is where I learnt how to actually make a website, so here is the link...Click HereThe username is: buildmysiteThe Password is: nowYou can sign up instead if you like, but I am pretty sure you will recieve the same password, so I wouldn't bother, but if you really want to, here is the link...Click HereHope this has helped you.

I'm curious... where did you learned C and C++ from? Hopefully, if it's something online, you'll give a link. The site in your sig doesn't have any tutorials for it. I guess it's new, isn't it?
I learned through myself and some books that i have. The online resource for C and C++ are not that good enough for a beg and an intermediate.I and my friends learnt together, you can get them here http://www.httpguru.com/forum

Im sorry but I disagree! middle teens, or earlier! Even better if you can get a hold of resources!! like me..
The reason why late teens is better than early teens for learning webprogramming is that many people in their early teens are immature and have a hard time concentrating. Of course, if you're interested, then it shouldn't be a problem, but I think many in their early teens have quite enough with schoolwork to be going on with... But of course, I'm generalizing. :)

I learned through myself and some books that i have. The online resource for C and C++ are not that good enough for a beg and an intermediate.I and my friends learnt together, you can get them here http://www.httpguru.com/forum
I would disagree. I learned the C++ basics from this site and found it great ans easy to understand. http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/I have been learnign OpenGL from this site...again very informative and pretty much holds your hand through out the tutorials http://nehe.gamedev.net/

well there are resouces, but my best bet is books which are more user friendly in learning than ebooks which makes your eyes still worse in nature.

I prefer eBooks that don't make my wallet more empty! :) There is an option to print the tuts of you want.My rule of thumb is why should I buy a book when I can get the info for free and if I want to print it I can print 400 pages for about $10 with my kick a$$ Cannon printer.

E-books offered on the web are for 99% illegal copy's. But hey, who hasn't got a few hundred of them. :) Ruud Hermans
I am not talking about pirate ebooks, I am talking about free online tutorials, like W3schools

buying the books saves you lot of time in taking the printouts, 1. you waste your ink + power ( which can be used by govt for some other purpose ) + TIME ( the most important ) for a sum of money which u save.

how doesthe govt benefit when I use ink over buying a book.Also if you prefer tp spend $50 on a book thats fine but unless you are just going through it following hte lessons one by one books are usually awful references....CTRL + F is much faster to find something you are looking for in an ebook.

how doesthe govt benefit when I use ink over buying a book.Also if you prefer tp spend $50 on a book thats fine but unless you are just going through it following hte lessons one by one books are usually awful references....CTRL + F is much faster to find something you are looking for in an ebook.
And they take less space on the shelf. :) Ruud Hermans