File Import

Guest ALCD1

Hello everyone,I would like to automatically import some files (*.csv) into an excel sheet.I have 5 csv files (A1.csv,B1.csv,C1.csv,D1.csv,E1.csv) and an excel file (csvs.xls) in the same folder.Presently I import them as follows:(a) I click on cell A1.(:) From the menu, Data -> Import External Data -> Import Data© Select the file.(d) Choose File type as Delimited.(e) Choose Tab & Semicolon as the delimiters.(f) I will then color the rows containing the import (e.g Rows 1 – Rows 99 will be colored red).I will then click on the next blank cell in column A(e.g A100) & repeat steps(a-f) for each csv file)How can I write a macro that can do this?Can anyone help with this?

I once worked in Inventory Control for a retailer and one of my tasks was to import data into Excel to build reports for the sales staff. This got to be incredibly tedious so I decided to learn about programming - specifically automation.The way I got started was that I would use the Record Macro tool in Excel and record the steps that I took to import (and format) the data. When I was done, I'd stop the macro and edit its code to see if I could glean any information from it. Eventually I was able to tweak the code and have it do different things.I hope this helps!A Google search may provide some help too.