Table Layout

Hi,Another problem for my fiends website that is not working how I want it to, the layout consists of lots of tables, and so I will try to discribe them...Table 1 is no more than 30% high, it has 3 cells, 1 that is 15% wide and has a picture in, the next on is 70% wide and the next one is 15% wide.Then table two, same again but it is 70% high.Within the second table, th first cell has another table in that is for the navigation, the middle cell is for the main content and has a table in and the right cell is just empty.My problem is that the navigation table within the second table will not budge from the vericle center of the table, I have tried using valign on the parent table and that just wont work.

Yes, I am currently using some CSS, I will have a look into what may be causing it with that, because I seem to remember having some sode in there that sets how a table is displayed, like font and size etc.I haven't uploaded it yet so i can't give you a link but when I do I will.

Hmm... give this a try.In the table where the navigation is add a css class, say like:<table class="navi">Than, in your css put:

.navi td {  vertical-align: top;}

If that doesn't work, you can try and do the same for the parent table also.

I agree that tables are indespensible, and you can see how they make a huge job easy by going to:http://www.tailsntales.com/eng/sha/ham/tex/sel_1.htmlHere I've linked every line to a unique destination point, and also created a return link to that line.Now, my problem is getting CSS tables to behave as well as html tables do.Keep trying. Pagemill's table feature really works, it creates and sizes tables. But I'm on library computers now and have no access to it. If you want a super table border code (html), check out the source of one of my pages.Jagtig