need help combining background offset and ul/li menu

Guest jpenguin

Guest jpenguin

These are 2 css div elements I've learnt from tutorials.http://allfinalbible.com/mytest/testopen.htmlI was able to swap/offset background image in 1 <div>And able to open hidden tables when positioning mouse over menu in the second <div>But I can't get them both to work together in 1 <div :) To change background image and open up menu at the same time.My attempt turned out all weird.Any suggestion appreciate. :) thanks.

for the first part, the <a> tag, you have to add href="blah_blah_blah.htm" to make it function.for the hidden menu one, i wonder if li:hover in the line #menu ul li:hover ul table {display: block;} valid ?? itn't that :hover can only be used associated with the <a> tag only ?

i wonder if li:hover in the line #menu ul li:hover ul table {display: block;} valid ?? itn't that :hover can only be used associated with the <a> tag only ?
Real Browsers can handle it. Must be an IE user.
I new to HTML and by script I mean the coding for the menu... And I don't know how to get the whole source-code thingy either :)
Elevator, Go to the link the original poster has up there and click on it. You will see the page in question. Depending on the exact Browser you have, there is a label right up at the top of your Browser window, typically called "view". Hover on that or click it maybe. Then select "Page source" or something like that. A new window will open with the source code. Cntl-A to select all, Cntl-c to copy. Open a text editor and Cntl-v to paste it in there, then view the file in your Browser, after saving the file by its own name on your computer.Voila. The code is yours. BUT, it is best to request permission from the page creator before you do that. MOST people don't mind and in fact, it is debatable whether you are required to do that, but it is polite to do so, especially if there may be copyright issues in the future.